Do my subjects scale well? (1 Viewer)

emilygewargis

HSC
I'm currently in Year 10 and I'm required to choose my subjects by the end of the week. I'm aware that scaling does change every year, but I would like to know if the subjects I've chosen scale well and which specific subjects scale good and bad based on previous results in the HSC.

Subjects I've chosen:

English Advanced
General Mathematics
Biology
Legal Studies
Business Studies
Community and Family Studies

I'm still picky between Business Studies and Community and Family Studies, I'm thinking of replacing both with Economics and Ancient History as I've heard they scale very poorly. Also, I'm interested in doing a Social Working course which is why I have chosen General Mathematics.

ExcelHSC

HSC
Your subjects currently aren't the best but you can still get a really good ATAR.
Advanced English at the moment looks like your highest scaler, then Legal studies, Biology, Business studies, General Mathematics and lastly Community and Family Studies.
- Economics is a really high scaling subject but many people struggle with the subject as it can get hard at times. Ancient History's scaling is not the best, but certainly it's scaling is not BAD. It's scaling is mediocre. Remember though don't choose subjects which you think are better scaling than others chose subjects you WANT to DO. Which ultimately means you will do much better in them.

Thief

!!
HSC
Well Mathematics does better than General Math.

However you shouldn't be basing your subject choices based on scaling - rather on the ones that you would enjoy. There's no point in choosing subjects if you don't enjoy them as then you won't have the motivation to work hard and study, which wouldn't be very good. It is possible to get a good ATAR with any combination of subjects, so don't worry about scaling =)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well Mathematics does better than General Math.

However you shouldn't be basing your subject choices based on scaling - rather on the ones that you would enjoy.
There's no point in choosing subjects if you don't enjoy them as then you won't have the motivation to work hard and study, which wouldn't be very good. It is possible to get a good ATAR with any combination of subjects, so don't worry about scaling =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)