Do people really give a crap about your Atar? (1 Viewer)

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
lol you're so bitter.

No, no one cares about ATAR, but people will care about other things. Your Uni degree, then your transcript, then your employment history, and so on. Every stage you overcome becomes pointless down the track, but it doesn't mean that it didn't contribute in setting up the next stage.
Not bitter, just tired of people going on about how your ATAR is the be-all and end-all of your life.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
The only people I know who still care about their ATARs 2+ years after completing the HSC are people who were the golden boys/girls of their high schools and haven't quite gotten over that yet. As long as you get into a course and are studying something you enjoy and have a chance of making a career out of, it doesn't matter what ATAR you got.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No, people generally dont care about you ATAR down the track, I've only had one person in uni ask me what I got, even some of my friends from school who went to my uni, they didn't even ask me, it doesn't even matter once you're in uni.

K

khorne

Not bitter, just tired of people going on about how your ATAR is the be-all and end-all of your life.
no one is saying that. It's not. Tonnes of ways to get into uni whatever. The thing is, the atar is the EASIEST way. Get a good atar, get into any course you want, live forever. Don't get good atar, get into shittier course, transfer, waste a year, live forever. No difference, except it's a shit tonne easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)