Do Teacher See HSC RESULTS (1 Viewer)

Jonneeh

HSC
Just wondering if teachers and principles see what their students got in the HSC, or do they receive mystery marks with no names attached.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, they see your HSC results. (They will not see your ATAR however)

blackratpoo

HSC
Yes, they see your HSC results. (They will not see your ATAR however)
really? how do they find out the atar then? coz my school always publishes the high performing students atars.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Yeah, one of my teacher's actually asked us to tell them our ATARs, my parents are friends with a few of them so it is likely they will find out mine anyway.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Yeh everyone in my year is going in on Thursday morning to tell the teachers their marks/ATAR.

PCNQQn2

HSC
N/A
Just wondering if teachers and principles see what their students got in the HSC, or do they receive mystery marks with no names attached.
This is what schools receive:
* A report called School Group Statistics. It lists each course studied at the school, the number of students, the average and standard deviation of the school assessment marks, the average and standard deviation of the moderated assessment marks, the average and standard deviation of the exam marks for the students at the school, and the average and standard deviation of the exam marks for all students studying the course. The final column is the difference between the school exam average and the state exam average.

* A report called Principal's Result List. An alphabetical list of all students at the school. For each student it lists the courses they studied, their school assessment mark, moderated assessment mark, exam mark, HSC mark and performance band. This is identical to the information that students receive, except for the school assessment mark.

* Principal's Result List by Course. It is organised into courses. For each course it lists the students studying the course in alphabetical order, along with their school assessment mark, moderated assessment mark, exam mark, HSC mark and performance band. This report also includes for each course the percentage of students who are in each performance band for the school, and the percentage in each performance band for the state. This allows a school to see if they are over or under-represented in each performance band.

* Components Report. For courses with major works, and for courses with different exam components, for example English, it lists the percentage of each student's mark that is derived from each component. For example, in English a student should get 40% from paper 1 and 60% from paper 2. Sometimes a student is better at paper 1 and they may get 45% of their mark from paper 1 and 55% from paper 2. This report is useful when it shows a trend - for example if the whole English class does better in paper 1 than paper 2. This report is generally available in mid January.

Schools do not receive ATARs.

NewiJapper

HSC
Yes. They receive every little bit about your results from the HSC. My dad let me see his schools' report haha :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)