Do we get our papers back??? (2 Viewers)

jessiekg14

HSC
Do we ever get to see the answers we got wrong and right?? I mean, I know that they'll put the answers up on the board of studies site but i cant remember what i put for everything and i wanna know!! haha. and also i wanna know how i went in all the extended response sections......so do we ever get them back?? i have a feeling we dont :(

bored of sc

HSC
Maybe you can ask the board of studies to send it to you, but chances are, they wouldn't know where your paper is. They have put exemplar responses for the short answers and extended response questions to all the subjects on before, but usually you have to wait till next year (2008 when we won't care anymore). This means the people who get 100% for a certain section get their answers posted on the site for others to view. You can see the standard of the very best students and compare with yourself (unless its your paper that they have posted up!) and perhaps work out where you went wrong.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
No, just simply wouldn't be very feasible.

Edited: For bad spelling/typo. :(

Last edited:

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
It'd be awesome if we were able to get our papers back though. I wouldn't mind paying something like 10 dollars to see where I got stuff wrong and blah.

bored of sc

HSC
Continuum said:
It'd be awesome if we were able to get our papers back though. I wouldn't mind paying something like 10 dollars to see where I got stuff wrong and blah.
yeah, especially if you bomb out in a subject (i reckon i will in english, but haven't got results yet *nervous habits*) to see where you buggered up as well as finding out your raw score

jirwin

HSC
it would be a lot more then $10. BOS is stingy. costs like $50 to get english hsc remarked.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
jirwin said:
BOS is stingy. costs like $50 to get english hsc remarked.
50 dollars to get your English HSC remarked? That's abit much. :mad1:

If you did really shit in it however, it would be worth a try - since DFEE courses cost a crummy load of money.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
50 dollars to get your English HSC remarked? That's abit much. :mad1:

If you did really shit in it however, it would be worth a try - since DFEE courses cost a crummy load of money.
No external papers are returned. There may be a way, through Freedom of Information, in which you could see your paper but you should be aware that there are no marks or comments put on the paper by the markers. All we put on them is a line to show we have actually read the page and in the HSC there is a second line to indicate that the second marker has read it. It turns into a little cross. At the SC the papers are only single marked so there would be one little line on the top of the page to indicate that it had been read. The marks are put on a different piece of paper and the marker makes no comment about why they gave a particular piece of work the mark they did. If you wanted to get the papers back to see where you went wrong then you really wouldn't find out as there is nothing on the paper to tell you. As for the MC sheets they are computer marked, so again, nothing on the paper to indicate which answers are right or wrong.

As for remarks - they aren't actually remarked but a clerical check to make sure that the marks were entered into the computer correctly.

bored of sc

HSC
thanks cem,

oh! cem, could you please reply to my post on the marking process/results thread, it would be much appreciated! cheers

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
cem said:
No external papers are returned. There may be a way, through Freedom of Information, in which you could see your paper but you should be aware that there are no marks or comments put on the paper by the markers. All we put on them is a line to show we have actually read the page and in the HSC there is a second line to indicate that the second marker has read it. It turns into a little cross. At the SC the papers are only single marked so there would be one little line on the top of the page to indicate that it had been read. The marks are put on a different piece of paper and the marker makes no comment about why they gave a particular piece of work the mark they did. If you wanted to get the papers back to see where you went wrong then you really wouldn't find out as there is nothing on the paper to tell you. As for the MC sheets they are computer marked, so again, nothing on the paper to indicate which answers are right or wrong.

As for remarks - they aren't actually remarked but a clerical check to make sure that the marks were entered into the computer correctly.
Thanks a bunch for clearing that up. :D I still wish that there was some way we could find out where we got stuff wrong in the test though. :(

And 50 dollars for a clerical check seems overpriced to me. :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)