Do we need to revise our Prelim Notes for the HSC or just Year 12 Notes? (1 Viewer)

jacob_br

HSC
Hi Guys do we need to revise our Prelim Notes for the HSC or just Year 12 Notes?

mrstripedshades

HSC
well ur in year 11 so...

for sciences, you need some skills you learn from previous years. I honestly cant even remember anything about prelim physics though and think I bullshitted most tests. Chemistry you need a lot of the skills you learnt and they are critical.

Maths a significant portion of the exam is based around prelim content (30% I believe? Not too sure but its nothing to scoff at). Not to mention it will help u in ur progression in terms of learning more advanced concepts, or at least it did for me.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
For maths, the content yes, for english, the skills, and for sciences, probably the core concepts.

trecex1

HSC
No you definitely don't

For maths what you learn in yr11 should be second nature such as applying differentiation etc. And who writes notes for maths anyway?
English- obviously not since none of the texts you do are the same, unless you're planning on reusing a related text for yr12.

For sciences- speaking for chem and phys you definitely do not need to revise yr11 syllabus, having a strong foundation will help you learn faster for HSC course but you will relearn most of the stuff anyway (eg. Naming, equations, intermolecular bonding as well as the force/electricity topics etc.)

In fact the most I learnt during the yr11 chem course was applying directive verbs in answering - something people don't pay much attention to.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
For maths, the content yes, for english, the skills, and for sciences, probably the core concepts.
I don't agree with these two. I have done considerably okay WITHOUT the Preliminary course (you also need to count in the fact that I am NOT a Science person so this is why I'm not the best Physics student). But I did notice that you needed to understand SOME concepts such as the Law of conservation of...and Doppler Effect (for Medical Physics).

Of course if you have the time to run over Preliminary, it will most likely help you in becoming a stronger student with the minute details. But a lot of students in my class stumbled through Preliminary and now are topping the class (with a raw 93/100 for example) because they understand HSC > Preliminary (this is Physics I'm talking about)

For maths you definitely need to, in the HSC exams, I believe 30% is from Preliminary? But it explicitly pops up in the trials and HSC exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)