Do you need help with your Independent Research Project? (1 Viewer)

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you need help with your Independent Research Project?

My name is Laura and I graduated in 2014. I am willing to offer my expertise to anyone going into year twelve who are completing their Independent Research Project for Community & Family Studies.

Why me, you ask...

As part of my Independent Research Project I investigated 'How caring for a disabled child affects a family's well-being'. Upon completion, I received full marks (100%) for my project. I completed the course with an overall assessment mark of 95 and ranked first in my cohort.

Now, upon completion of my exams I will have a lot of free time and am willing to help all you 2015ers with any tips/advice/assistance you need with your IRP or just CAFS in general because I know how difficult it can be at times.

What I will do:
  • Help you choose a topic/hypothesis
  • Advise you on a project plan/timeline
  • Point you into the direction of adequate secondary sources
  • Proof-read any interview/survey questions
  • Read drafts/answer and questions you have on any sections you're having trouble with in the report
  • Send samples of my work as a guide

What I CAN'T do:
  • Send you a copy of my whole IRP
  • Write the report for you
  • Promote your questionnaires (I will however happily complete them)

I will be available from early November - late February before I start university. I can usually get back to you within 72 hours :)

For more details inbox me HERE

EDIT: I'm unavailable from the 23rd November - 12 December :)

Last edited:

brodeewyatt

HSC
hey I am doing my IRP on teenage pregnancy, I have no hypothesis yet but I want it to be a generalised question because I wish to explore the contraceptives, reasons, support groups and parenting options. I really need help with my research plan ASAP!!! if you could send me a sample...

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
hey I am doing my IRP on teenage pregnancy, I have no hypothesis yet but I want it to be a generalised question because I wish to explore the contraceptives, reasons, support groups and parenting options. I really need help with my research plan ASAP!!! if you could send me a sample...
Please PM me your email and I'll send it to you asap :)

eilaxo

HSC
I am considering doing my IRP on the effects of youtube viewing on the wellbeing of teenagers, or something similar. Do you think this would be an adequate topic? x

Rachael007

HSC
Hi there, I think this is really excellent you are doing this. My topic is "Is the wellbeing of youth being impacted on by technology today?" I have surveyed kids around the school from all different ages. I want to use interview or questionnaires so should I do this to teachers and ask things like how they see it impacts kids or is surveying youth enough.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I am considering doing my IRP on the effects of youtube viewing on the wellbeing of teenagers, or something similar. Do you think this would be an adequate topic? x
Sounds really interesting, considering a lot of people are engrossed in youtube these days.
Hi there, I think this is really excellent you are doing this. My topic is "Is the wellbeing of youth being impacted on by technology today?" I have surveyed kids around the school from all different ages. I want to use interview or questionnaires so should I do this to teachers and ask things like how they see it impacts kids or is surveying youth enough.
IMO, I believe it would be good to do an interview and a questionnaire as you gain a wider range of information that the surveys may not provide as they are usually more general. This way, by getting kids to complete the survey you can compare and contrast this between parents and teachers. It also gives you a wider perspective by interviewing a teacher and parent making your research more broad. By drawing from a range of interviews and surveys, you have a broader range of responses which leads to your project being more objective. So I'd say do both - I am happy to look at your questions or send you my interview analysis in the results section if you need any help :)

monestor

HSC
N/A
hey,
I'm doing my Irp on drug use amongst adolescents and weather they are fully aware of the long term risk factors. I sent out surveys but out of the 22 responses i only had one male. Would this make my research unreliable if i used it. Not sure if you will be be able to help me but if you can that would be greatly appreciated. I want to finsih the majority of my Irp by The end of the holidays as its due pretty soon after we get back to school. (merry christmas btw and good luck with your results ) x

label289

HSC
Hi Laura,
I am just starting my IRP, my topic is the effect drugs have on immediate family members, and was just wondering if you are able to send me a sample of a project plan as I have know idea how to start??
Thanks.

Kat92

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)