Does anyone do OPEN HIGH SCHOOL FRENCH continuers here? (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Yeah, I went there on Thusday but telling you how I got there would be futile now anyway, so yeah. I'm guessing you're one of those that went to the francophone class in 'Double Je', no?

The work is fine but I find it a bit basic, though, at times. You?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
i wish i went through open highschool, but no i had to be stupid and pick PDHPE.
work looks pretty basic, but i looked at it in like week five
im sure theyve sent you guys harder stuff.
whats it like learning by correspondence?
pone conversations etc?

i am so jealous

nerd_2b

HSC
yeah wanted to, but I was nervous on doing French in senior years, but it was enjoyable up till Yr 10.....not sure after that...

My teacher was kinda upset on me not doing it.....I think it's pretty hard to do open high school, yea?

Kittikhun

HSC
Working by correspondence is actually pretty fun.

For the work, yes, it's pretty basic. My teacher has told me basically to neglect the prescribed workbook 'Noir Sur Blanc' and finish it off quickly so she could send me harder supplementary stuff. It's great and my teacher is so cool. She marks my work scrupulously and gives back good, helpful, long comments so that's a fantastic bonus. The teachers there are very dedicated to their students. The speaking part of it is hard though because I don't speak French very well. :(. That's why the phone lesson part of it sucks because you only have 10 minutes to talk with your teacher each week and it's worse for me because my teacher is always busy. She has around 30 students, half of which are doing extension, to teach and she only works three days a week!

In conclusion, it's great and you get free periods too at school to catch up on other subjects or to relax when you finish the moderate amount of prescribed work.:)

Last edited:

yy-d

HSC
I'm not sure if Open High would be good for me... does it require a lot of self study?
i'm not good at that, too much procrastination... such as now.. ):

where are you guys up to in french? I'm finding it a lot harder than last year, the people that went on exchange last year are so good now ><;;

Kittikhun

HSC
I'm not sure if Open High would be good for me... does it require a lot of self study?
i'm not good at that, too much procrastination... such as now.. ):

where are you guys up to in french? I'm finding it a lot harder than last year, the people that went on exchange last year are so good now ><;;
Yes, it does require a lot of self-study but if you enjoy it, why not do it? That's my mentality. I love it since I find it as a hobby. Something to pass my spare time along rather than wasting my time playing COD4 on my sister's computer.

You have 157 days until your prelim. exams start.:)

Well, everyone is up to a different stage. Me personally, I'm up to Week 3, Book 2. When I finish Book 4 I finish the course. Not a lot which is why I receive heaps of supplementary stuff. It's great with DVDs, magazines and newspapers and all.

Damn, oh well. I guess you have to go to the Alliance Francaise more often then. :).

MrsNossi

HSC
heyy I do, I'm Maddison :)
I went on monday,
I'm doing alright but i got my work late,
but my teacher still sent a note home for non completeion :S:music:

MrsNossi

HSC
hii veryone,
lol didnt get too many peoples names on tuesday,
so if you'd like to talk or anything private message me for facebook or msn,
anything lol,
or I'll probably message you :)

merciii,
:)

Kittikhun

HSC
Hey awesome, you do French continuers at OHS. You're crazy, like me. :) It would be a very good idea to get your shit together now for this subject since there is going to be a lot of work thrown at you. Time management is key. Who is your teacher? Mine is Mrs Shelhot. She's cool.

MrsNossi

HSC
ahah yehss, XD
lol i realised it was heaps easy, did like a weeks worth in a day!!!
lol i have Ms Gorelick,
wanna trade?

XxOo

Kittikhun

HSC
ahah yehss, XD
lol i realised it was heaps easy, did like a weeks worth in a day!!!
lol i have Ms Gorelick,
wanna trade?

XxOo
Noir Sur Blanc is not a difficult course book, I agree. The thing that is going to kill you are those writing, R and R and listening leaflets if you do not have good time management. It did for me so please do not neglect them!

Haha. My friend has her too and she wants to trade teachers as well. It seems that she is not that popular. Mind you, my buddy also got a reprimand for not talking to her often enough by phone.

MrsNossi

HSC
yehh, i like doing the owrk, i just dont want to have anything to do with my teacherrrr, haha, i hate the phone convos.

lol, she gets pissed off sooo easily, you do one thing wrong,
and she thinks im stupid and just no good neough to teach me,

frenchtutorRene

HSC
hey!
i am a USYD BA (Languages) student majoring in French. i graduated last year in 2009 receiving over 90 for advanced french.
•Will provide French tutoring tailored to your specific needs in French conversation, grammar, as well as provide additional material.
•Will help you prepare for your French exams, guide you through homework tasks and aid with any problem areas as well as giving helpful and insightful extra tips
•Can come to an agreed upon location
• and make french fun again!

contact me if you are interested in french tutoring especially in inner west, lower north shore and city suburbs.
Good Luck
Renée
renee@akcs.com.au

frenchtutorRene

HSC
hey!
i am a USYD BA (Languages) student majoring in French. i graduated last year in 2009 receiving over 90 for advanced french.
•Will provide French tutoring tailored to your specific needs in French conversation, grammar, as well as provide additional material.
•Will help you prepare for your French exams, guide you through homework tasks and aid with any problem areas as well as giving helpful and insightful extra tips
•Can come to an agreed upon location (1 on 1 at home)
• and make french fun again!

contact me if you are interested in french tutoring especially in inner west, lower north shore and city suburbs. rates are negotiable.
Good Luck
Renée
renee@akcs.com.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)