Does anyone have any Mycenaen notes? (1 Viewer)

nathanf

HSC
I have searched the internet a little bit, but there isn't many notes on Mycenae. My teacher said he doesn't have a textbook for us to learn from so it's just what he gives us in class etc.

I just started Mycenaen Greece last week, so if anyone could give me their notes or if they downloaded any of the notes from before the forum crashed that would be really helpful, thanks :)

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
If no one ends up giving you notes I suggest you read a variety of Mycenae books from your local library. There's quite a lot of relevant information that hits the dot points in books.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I'm not sure if you have access to an Excel study guide, however I just had a flick through mine and the Mycenaean Society is covered, if you don't have access to this I'm more than happy to scan it and attach the file to the thread for you. The Excel guides aren't the greatest, but it's better than nothing. : )

Sadly, I haven't got any other sources on Mycenaean Greece, but as Janundice recommended perhaps go have a check through your local library, most books are fantastic. I have a free on Monday, so if I remember I'll have a fossick through my school library and might be able to recommend some sources for you or get some scans of some.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
I swear on my life library books are good.

Seriously I looked at the dot points and I have a pretty sound knowledge on all of them based on stuff I read as a kid.

So you will have more up to date books now and your memories will be more fresh.

You will do fine.

nathanf

HSC
I'm not sure if you have access to an Excel study guide, however I just had a flick through mine and the Mycenaean Society is covered, if you don't have access to this I'm more than happy to scan it and attach the file to the thread for you. The Excel guides aren't the greatest, but it's better than nothing. : )

Sadly, I haven't got any other sources on Mycenaean Greece, but as Janundice recommended perhaps go have a check through your local library, most books are fantastic. I have a free on Monday, so if I remember I'll have a fossick through my school library and might be able to recommend some sources for you or get some scans of some.
I would definately appreciate it if you scanned some notes for me :)

thanks mate

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Hey, sorry for the delay. I have the Mycenaean pages from the EXCEL study guide all scanned, however I cannot attach them to here due to the file being too large. If you wanted to PM me your email address I can email you the PDF file instead of having to split it into 4 different smaller files. n_n

Just let me know what you would like me to do.

HSC
Have you tried googlebooks?

Mycenaean Greece, Mediterranean Commerce, and the Formation of Identity
By Bryan E. Burns

Mycenaeans
By Rodney Castleden

Do you have any friends who go to or are alumni to a university eg. Usyd or MQ? Because if you do, ask if you can use their logins to access databases. They're beautifully rich and detailed ways of getting information. From my usyd login for example, I can assess Cambridge ancient history textbooks and journal articles.

And to the great library suggestion, might I add that you can go to university libraries and pick off some books off the shelf? I know for a fact that you can go into both Usyd and MQ libraries without people hassling you because you're a highschooler. Just ask the staff to direct you to the ancient history section and be amazed by the vast amount of books you will find. Be sure to bring a pen and paper!

I hope that helps/

anarkyz

HSC
Hey, sorry for the delay. I have the Mycenaean pages from the EXCEL study guide all scanned, however I cannot attach them to here due to the file being too large. If you wanted to PM me your email address I can email you the PDF file instead of having to split it into 4 different smaller files. n_n

Just let me know what you would like me to do.
hey i'd like to get in on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)