Does Business Studies get better?? (1 Viewer)

k_2017

HSC
I don't mind Business Studies, got 85% in my first assessment which wasn't too bad, however am finding the content a bit dry.

I chose it as I felt I needed an easier subject and I can't drop it as I want to drop Art, but does it get better/more interesting in Year 12??

:cool: Thanks

si2136

HSC
N/A
I don't mind Business Studies, got 85% in my first assessment which wasn't too bad, however am finding the content a bit dry.

I chose it as I felt I needed an easier subject and I can't drop it as I want to drop Art, but does it get better/more interesting in Year 12??

:cool: Thanks
Not really, in year 12, there are 4 topics, Operations, Marketing, Finance and HR. It focuses more on the process behind the business and the theory of running it.

Flop21

HSC
Nope.

But you're right it's an easy subject to do well in. Not much thinking tbh, just rote. Hated it, but ended up being one of my best subjects in the HSC, so there you go.

crowley926

HSC
honestly no lmao
it's easy and it's like rote learning so if u put time in, then should be easy to do well but like the subject made me wanna kms

k_2017

HSC
Yeah haha.. Do you think the content would be useful in real life though?? :uhoh:

StudiousStudent

HSC
In prelim I did English Ext 1 & Business studies, but I dropped them both at the start of this year.

Drop the subject you perform poorly in, not which one you dislike the most.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I found the content gets alot better in year 12 haha - it's all very interesting. And yes, it is all very applicable in real life.

qwert73

HSC
If you go in thinking it is boring then it will be boring. Keep an open mind about the subject, ofc it isn't like economics or a science or history, the content isn't stuff which is completely new or interesting, but it is only going to be boring if you make it boring.

Or you can do what everyone my class does, which is pay no attention in class and have fun, then cram a night or two before the test. I recommend this.

shona99

HSC
You'll briefly cover operations, marketing, finance and HR in prelim too so you can decide then I guess :)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Yeah it's pretty relevant to real life, but only if you go into that sort of area.

Ehh honestly the content is dry, but its not boring either. I used to watch fail vids with friends in class and still end up with good marks, its pretty much a bludge for you which I think is fine for the HSC , really lets you chill and relax during those hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)