Does the usefulness of your subjects matter? (1 Viewer)

lonelystudent571

HSC
Would you guys say that the usefulness of your subjects doesn't matter as long as your passing uni prereqs?
For example, I do 3U math, eng adv, modern history, eco, bio but I plan on doing Comp Sci at uni. A lot of my subjects don't align with the course i'd like to do (for example they recommend doing physics). I don't really like science but I like computer stuff ( i would have done ipt and sdd if they ran at my school). I'm worried that my subjects aren't really useful at all for my future (esp modern), but I do like their content.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Most of your HSC "Subjects" (lmao) mean shit. One of the most important subject for Comp Sci. you can take is Ext 2 maths since you'll have to dabble in some of the content in your intro math courses. Another one is SDD (but you're not doing it and its arguably more important) since you get familiar with coding and pseudocode etc. These subjects have marginal improvement to your actual performance at Uni which is a different beast.

You're as fkd as the rest of the people entering the cohort, the only way you're getting a leg up is learning comp sci by your own interest.

Your HSC subjects take topics you learn in a week at University and extend them to a term worth of content, my advice is take the strongest subjects you have and get the highest ATAR you can, you'll thank me

TLDR:
ur hsc subjects dont matter in the grandscale but ig some "help" by a loose exxaggeration, learn comp sci/do projects/attend hackathons if u wanna be good at comp sci

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)