Does this usually work? (1 Viewer)

FLR-IT

ok here my Q

lets say if u graduate from a course and then want to apply for another bachelor degree, does the UNI take into account the first degree u did, and does this previous degree make it easier to get into the other course u want to do.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Yup, i have about 60% mature age entry students in my course.

and yes, that's what they're called- mature aged students, and depending what degree you did previously you can often get advanced credit (so you don't have to do all the subjects in your new degree)

+ it's not necessarily easier to get in but they pretty much disregard your UAI. what counts is an interview, usually portfolio, and your academic transcript from your last course

Kittycat

HSC
THis is excellent...this means that I still have the chance to get in to the course that I wanted to do (I seriously doubt I will get the UAI for it)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
you can always transfer too, theres nothing to lose except the costs for applying through uac.

SoFTuaRiaL

why would u want to complete one degree and then do the one u want to? u might as well do the same as masters, rather than another bach's ...

Tocatina

I put 4 preferences in to UAC. The last one just happening to be the one with a UAI of about 60 from this years guide. If I don't get required UAI and first preference, I will transfer from the other course(s) If I can.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Kittycat
THis is excellent...this means that I still have the chance to get in to the course that I wanted to do (I seriously doubt I will get the UAI for it)
yeah of course, your career's counsellor should've told u that !

Originally posted by copious
you can always transfer too, theres nothing to lose except the costs for applying through uac.
and yeah transferring is definitely another path to go down- that' swhat i'm doing next year- the only thing you lose i guess is that you waste a bit of time doing a course you do'nt really wanna do. but 1 or 2 or 3 years, i guess, is not much in comparison to if you wasted your entire life in a career u never wanted to do.

Originally posted by Da Monstar
why would u want to complete one degree and then do the one u want to? u might as well do the same as masters, rather than another bach's ...
it depends on indiv cases like eg you can't become an architect with just masters so there's a few mature-aged students who've done like law, business, fine arts who are now doing the bachelor in architecture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)