• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Doing 7 subjects/13 units. (2 Viewers)

thommy

HSC
N/A
I'm doing seven subjects at the moment, as you can see in my signature. I'm wondering what will happen at the end of the year. I know that only 10 units counts, so what does this mean? Do they eliminate one whole subject and half of another? I'm really confused.

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC
Each of your 2 units is split into 1.

For example if you got 80/100 for 2 unit maths. It will be split to two 1 unit marks of 40/50.

This will happen to all your subjects and the best 10 units of these will be taken to calculate your UAI.

Looking at your subjects...i advise it's only worth keeping extra unit if you are doing something like maths extension because that one unit mark can be substituted for a lower mark you may receive.

Since your doing mostly 2 unit subjects (save SOR) your marks for these subjects will be the same.

Personally i would drop your poorest subject mark wise. 13 units is a bit of a waste in time, study etc.

Best of luck to you.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i agree, drop it now, so you can maximise your study.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Yeah I've been toying with dropping Maths for quite some time now, I'll reach a decision by the holidays.

I'm not 100% clear about what you said.

Basically, just say I got a mark of 80 out of 100 in a given subject. then I got 70 out of 100 for that same subject externally. This subject is the subject where only 1 unit counts. Do they take the 80 out of 100 and make it 40 out of 50 and disregard the whole external, or do they add them both together to get 37.5 out of 50.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
thommy said:
Yeah I've been toying with dropping Maths for quite some time now, I'll reach a decision by the holidays.

I'm not 100% clear about what you said.

Basically, just say I got a mark of 80 out of 100 in a given subject. then I got 70 out of 100 for that same subject externally. This subject is the subject where only 1 unit counts. Do they take the 80 out of 100 and make it 40 out of 50 and disregard the whole external, or do they add them both together to get 37.5 out of 50.
They get the final mark (scaled, aligned, HSC- whatever it's called) out of 100 then make it a mark out of 50. (at least I'm pretty sure)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)