Doing all three sciences 💀 (1 Viewer)

contro3ler

HSC
the timetable done fucked up and i got all three sciences for next year (im alr doing chem accelerated)
Is anyone else doing all three sciences, and how is the workload/ does it get really boring having half of your school life just science.

For reference, my orginal subject selection was 3u math, 2u english, chem accel, bio, econ, japanese cont, but I got physics instead of economics and everything else is the same.
I have like three options:
1. Keep the given ones (all three science)
2. Ditch bio, and do 3u, 2u, chem, phys, econ and jap (I dislike physics and would much prefer bio- but I get to do economics, which I really want.)
3. Do VA instead of Physics, and rest stays the same (3u, 2u, phys, econ, jap, VA- I'll drop VA for year 12 though)

I need to get a good atar- i'm looking at 99.5+ for the degree I want to do. I know physics scales much better than bio, but I'm not sure if I'll perform as well. Doing VA would basically just be a chill period for year 11, but then again, I really really want to do econ.

Any advice/or general observations are GREATLY appreciated pls i need help

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
my friend does all three sciences, and she's really good at chem (towards top of the cohort) and her bio and phys marks are roughly the same (her other subjects are 4u maths and 2u english, in y11 she had eng ext 1 but dropped it). she says the workload is manageable, but then again she does chem and bio tutoring meaning she's ahead

if you don't like physics and don't trust yourself to do it, then don't pick it and focus on bio. but i was in the same boat as you last year - i picked bio and while i do enjoy it, i wish i had picked physics, it would have helped a lot for some of maths as well. but i think you should change from physics anyway in the second option since you really want to do economics and that seems like a favourable option

carrotsss

HSC
I have a friend who does all 3 sciences and she seems to like it so it’s not the end of the world.

For option 2:
- It’s pretty must just whether you like bio or eco more

For option 3:
- I think that picking a subject with the intention of dropping it is usually a bad idea, because you’re pretty much locking it in the rest of your subjects (this has screwed over a lot of my friends into keeping subjects they hate).

Something to keep in mind though, the year 11/12 physics course is imo much better and more interesting than year 10 physics, and if you enjoy maths then you will probably enjoy physics. Only 2 people dropped physics in my entire year compared to over half of the people in chem and bio, although that may be partially attributable to the teacher

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
the timetable done fucked up and i got all three sciences for next year (im alr doing chem accelerated)
Is anyone else doing all three sciences, and how is the workload/ does it get really boring having half of your school life just science.

For reference, my orginal subject selection was 3u math, 2u english, chem accel, bio, econ, japanese cont, but I got physics instead of economics and everything else is the same.
I have like three options:
1. Keep the given ones (all three science)
2. Ditch bio, and do 3u, 2u, chem, phys, econ and jap (I dislike physics and would much prefer bio- but I get to do economics, which I really want.)
3. Do VA instead of Physics, and rest stays the same (3u, 2u, phys, econ, jap, VA- I'll drop VA for year 12 though)

I need to get a good atar- i'm looking at 99.5+ for the degree I want to do. I know physics scales much better than bio, but I'm not sure if I'll perform as well. Doing VA would basically just be a chill period for year 11, but then again, I really really want to do econ.

Any advice/or general observations are GREATLY appreciated pls i need help
I did something like your option 3, as in I originally did all 3 sciences then dropped chem to do SDD as a bludge period while doing accelerated 2u maths/SOR 1. Definitely a fine option if you're confident in all of your 10-11 units.

I think option 1 isn't as bad as it sounds because in year 12 you're technically only doing 2 sciences (physics + bio).

Overall I think it's just do you wanna do Bio or Econ? If you wanna do Bio, are you confident in all your subjects, if so drop physics for VA and drop that in year 12, if not then keep all 3 sciences. If you wanna do Econ, take option 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)