yeh notes, please

hey, could i get a copy of your notes on Donnie Darko
That would be sweet
thanks heaps

lengstar

HSC
mercho said:
Hey,
I have just watched Donnie Darko and i am thinking about doing it as an imaginative journey text but i don't really understand what he is searching for, what is journey is about?
Any ideas
Thanx
Movie Spoiler:
Story short is that the Donnie is in the middle period of life repeated. That means that whatever is happening in the film has already happened in the past. What he's searching for is a way to change the future. The future being that his girlfriend dies and so does his mother and sister due to a freak storm that destroys the plane they were on. This happens at the end of the movie. What Donnie is searching for is a way to go back to the past so that the future is altered. The disfigured rabbit was a guy who ran over his girlfriend and Donnie shot him. He was in a bunny suit cause it was Halloween when the accident occurred. Working backwards he found a person, this lady who thought up the theory to predicting future events from a book she wrote. By consulting this lady he was able to pinpoint the exact time and place that a time warp would occur so that he was be able to travel back in time and in doing so change it.
In saying this his journey is imaginative in the idea that what happens in the film never really happened. Or that the reoccuring spirit of the deceased bunny from a previoud life continues to haunt in but in doing so is assisting him in finding a way to travel back in time. I got the meaning of the film in in one go by watching the director's cut but i'm sure with repeated viewings more ideas you might have missed may be revisited.
Another good movie to watch of similarity is The Butterfly Effect.

RedFenix

HSC
Hey i know its an old thread but it's still helpful nonetheless.
lol no worries guys!! I love it to pieces, thus picking it to pieces. Also if you watch it several times you pick up more and more things. Oh and just to clarify, this is for imaginative journey.
This is gunna be a long one, ready?
To be honest i'm not sure if Donnie Darko is an imaginary journey because everything that happens is real and the physics is allowable (In the film). The bunny isnt a part of Donnie's imagination. It is a real person who takes the form as "the manipulated dead". He is there because Donnie "the living reciever" shoots Frank (the bunny, also Donnie's sisters boyfriend) in the tangent universe and wouldn't have died in the normal universe. So saying that the bunny is imaginary isn't really true? Amirite?

I believe it is an inner journey where Donnie has to use his fouth dimentional powers to create a worm hole to send the 'artefact' (jet engine) back in time which means it was sent back by Donnie for a reason rather than just because it happened and ripped through time by itself.
It is also unknown and to be speculated on as to why Donnie didn't achieve setting things right in the previous "universe's or times" >.>

I also like to think that Donnie didn't have to die in the end. :)
jackr_pommy@hotmail.com if you'd like anymore of my views and opinions or whatever on the movie

Last edited:

jolly28xx

HSC
Hey icecat would you be able to send me your stuff on Donnie darko. my email is jolly.xx@hotmail.com so if you could send whatever you have to that email would be great xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)