dot point 3.3.5 (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
use available evidence to explain the relationship between the conservation of water and the production and excretion of concentrated nitrogenous wastes in a range of Australian insects and terrestrial mammals

i am definitely stuck on this one...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz, since tele ain't here... *lookz around*

insects normally try to conserve more water... they secret their nitrogenous waste in the form of uric acid (insoluable). it is excreted in the form of powder on their wings or exoskeletons (was it?? soz, prolly need verification) whereas mammals may have more access to water. hence excrete their nitrogenous waste in the form of non-toxic urea... dependin on water avaliablity, mammal may produce dilute or concentrated urea... if water do not need to be conserved, den more water can accompany the excretion of urea. hence dilute urea will be excreted... on the other hand, less water will accompany the excretion of urea. hence concentrated urea will be produced...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yup basically u need to draw the correlation between how much water is available (dependings)

the more water available, the more water they will excrete in their waste, thus affecting the concentration of ammonia

mind you, there should be another dot point on differences between freshwater and saltwater fish; its quite similar

also; consider getting one or two examples for this; it will definitely help, if you need to quote them

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

the more water available, the more water they will excrete in their waste, thus affecting the concentration of ammonia
strictly speakin, not ammonia... only fresh water fish excrete nitrogenous waste as ammonia i fink...

salt water fish and mammal: urea
insects/birds: uric acid...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yes my mistake

but i'm taken to believe nitrogenous waste are derived from ammonia

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yes my mistake

but i'm taken to believe nitrogenous waste are derived from ammonia
u r right, timmy, they do originate from ammonia initially... but in mammals, they are quickly converted to urea... cuz ammonia is toxic to the mammals due to their alkalinity (i fink)...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
='( me jealous... !!!! =(
u should be:p

dun worry we can help the 04ers together mmkay?

and when i leave BOS which is in the forseeable future; the rivalry willl disappear lol;

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
and when i leave BOS which is in the forseeable future; the rivalry willl disappear lol;
should stay should stay.. and mito is here too lol, don't forget about me ;)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
u should be:p

dun worry we can help the 04ers together mmkay?

nah, i haf to stay for 30 yrs!!! cuz kimmeh want to c the "hazardous impact" of radio isotpoes, whereas i claimed that radiation from them makes u immortal... hence i will c who's rite... ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)