• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

dot point summary books (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
i might get dot point summary books for physics and chem, anyone know where i can buy them from? do they just go through each syllabus point?

P

pLuvia

Excel or Macquarie does them, other books don't specifically locate where each dot point information is but I think the Conquering Chemistry does though.

Danger

HSC
no no, im talking about a different book: Dot Point Preliminary Physics/Chemistry

Evergreen

HSC
i have 1 and its NOT a summary book. its a book full of questions. the questions are supposed to be good for revision but i havent touched mine yet.

Danger

HSC
yeah, they're not called summary books. my bad

do they include answers in the back and where did you buy yours?

Dt 08

HSC
yeh these dot point books do have answers at the back, though they are prety brief

try dymocks or angus and robertson books at the city or parramatta, but if you go ask the desk, they can arrange one delivered to the store for you

Danger

HSC
i actually have photocopies of the dot point book but i am confused.. where did they get the questions from and how does it relate to the syllabus?

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
they use the original dot points and base their questions on those. & i also think that they pull out info which is related to that dotpoint and create questions from those too.

Danger

HSC
oh ok.. i was looking for some notes/answers for each syllabus point..

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Danger said:
oh ok.. i was looking for some notes/answers for each syllabus point..
For text books:
Jacaranda physics and chem does that.
Conquering Chemistry does that as well. :)

Danger

HSC
yeah but for those books, you have to go look for the answers :p do you know of anything that has the syllabus point and the notes directly under it?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Dot Point is mainly used for exam-style questions. The answers though do simply andwer the dot points, but in a brief manner. If you want structure information, try Jacaranda Physics and Chemistry like dr baby beanie said. They have the dot point statements at the beginning, with page numebrs to tell you where to go for the information.

steban

violin dude
HSC
i use the dot point book, for chem.

its full of questions and theres answers at the back, i usually use a textbook and do summeries etc, then use the dot point questions to see if iv actually absorbed the info.

I bought mind in hurstville (took me a long time to find = =, wasnt at dymocks or QBD)

it was in a shop called.....ummm.... "selected tutorial books" or something, not a specific name, its on forest road near 'Music on the Move/Steve's guitar shop", near hurstville library.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Our physics teacher photocopied the prelim one on the topic of waves. There were all these errors in it,the leading edge one is no better. I expect them to get better for the HSC edition.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I'm finding that I don't really have time to use the Dot Point textbook that I own and I'm thinking of selling it. I thought it'd be really useful, but I'm not really that kind of person. I learn from what sheets I'm given and if I can't do it I'll go over and over and ask questions. I have a physics one, so if your interested ahah .. ill see if i need it or not. perfect condition though .. ^^ oh gosh, im advertising !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)