Double checking our exams....... (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I kno english is marked more than once.........its twice, isnt it?
What other subjects are double (or more) marked?
Is MATHS marked more than once in the HSC?

Huy

HSC
N/A
i thought that all exams were double marked?

first time round they're marked by the 'normal' hsc markers,
then they're given to the hsc supervisors (the 'leaders')
and they'll have a look over the exams

but before marking, they'll all convene to gather thoughts and brainstorm as to what differentiates a band 5/6 response, they'll have sample answers to help in marking (as well as the criteria).

i think that's how it works,
marked once by the one person,
given to the head-marker,
he or she will check over the exam for consistency (or inconsistency in marking)

and then it'll be checked again by the head marker when it's complete?

i'm not too sure on this, sorry
but i'm sure that's how it would normally work

i hope this helps :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah all exams r double marked - for the hsc exams and all the other exams, inlcuding the ones that the skool give you.

if you want your hsc paper to be remarked AGAIN, [another marker on top of the marker and the supervisor], it will cost ya bout $11 or $12 or something.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You can't pay to have your HSC paper marked again, you pay for a clerical re-check which means they check and make sure all your marks have been added together.

It is not a rule that school exams are double marked, though English generally is marked twice.

In the HSC each question is marked twice (no marks are made on the paper so the 2nd marker isn't influenced by the 1st) and if there are any discrepencies it is given to the supervising marker (usually a head teacher) and they make a judgement, and if there are STILL problems it is referred to the senior marker (or referee) who makes the final decision.

Thats how it works ppl.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hahah thats pretty warped... paying $22 to readd up your marks LOL

yeah i was told that u always end up with a lower mark when u pay them to remark it...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
yeah i was told that u always end up with a lower mark when u pay them to remark it...
No, they just readd them up ... and most likely there is no difference (unless you place a few hundred with $22).

Rahul

Dead Member
our eng adv ones are getting double marked.....basically becoz of some differences in the marking by the 2 teachers at our school.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I was always told that exams like English or history where you had to write extended answers were always marked twice to make sure that everyone was marking fairly, but that exams like maths where there is really only one answer was only marked once-but that the marking process was 'supervised' to make sure everything was getting done properly. I'm not sure if that's right, but that was the impression I had in year 12 at least...

It sucks that you can't ever get back your exams and look at what marks you got...someone could easily make a mistake that could cost you alot of marks, but I guess theres nothing you can really do about it, other than try to set out your exam well to make it easier on the markers. :(

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
our eng adv ones are getting double marked.....basically becoz of some differences in the marking by the 2 teachers at our school.
Sister gives me 100% every time :)

Ac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)