Double Standards at your school? (2 Viewers)

thommy

HSC
N/A
Whose school's have double standards, ie the teachers are allowed to do something the studenst aren't. At my school, they've made a rule where girls aren't allowed to wear make-up, and buys h\can't have a moustache or beard, but female and male teachers can.

I'm not going to stand for it. I'm wearing make-up. No one's said anything yet, but if they do, I'm not going to give in. I find it totally unfair.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Kids at our school made a big fuss when we all had to sign a policy to say our phones would be turned off all day and they would not be used during the duration of the school day at all yet the teachers kept answering their phones in class. Now the teachers are meant to have their phones off too.

jcurry

HSC
why dont the teachers have to wear school uniform???
wtf are they doing, were paying part of their pay and well without us they'd probably be some unknown skitz on the streets of parra

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Yeah and without them you'd be some dipshit that probably couldn't even construct that sentence.

Have a whinge, why the fuck are you wearing makeup at school? It's school goddammit, not some prom.

undalay

HSC
tommykins said:
Yeah and without them you'd be some dipshit that probably couldn't even construct that sentence.

Have a whinge, why the fuck are you wearing makeup at school? It's school goddammit, not some prom.
<3 lol

ccc123

HSC
tommykins said:

I agree with this. I can't understand you people can have the time or energy to wear makeup/ have fancy hair do's etc.

The other issue here is:

Is what the teachers have done really unreasonable?

I mean, they are the authorities of the school, thereby determining and enforcing any rule they deem approprate (provided they are acting within the limits of their authority - not ultra vires as we would say in legal :) ). And as far as i am concerned, it is well and truly their right to enforce those stated rules.

If you don't like them, join the SRC and lobby or something.

bassistx

HSC
thommy said:
buys h\can't have a moustache or beard
Wahabis would be all over this, I imagine.

tommykins said:

ahahaha thank you!

Tommy > Thommy

terminator69

HSC
tommykins said:

I agree. Teachers are adults and I don't see a problem with them having more freedom like being able to use a phone.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
teachers at my school dont have to wear a uniform.

and im constricted to wearing a white shirt on some days when i feel like it.

shucks.

lol

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
tommykins said:

/thread

Jinpoo

HSC
these rules are in place for the protection or benefit of students and teachers!

at most school teachers don't have to adhere to rules the students have to

to be fair, teachers aren't allowed to make out behind the gym, or get wasted at the school formal afterparty.

bassistx

HSC
Rebekkie said:
also, it's probably a good thing teachers wear makeup ;)
lol yes! And they're ugly WITH make-up.

oh hey, this means I have 1K posts now :O

Felix Jones

HSC
tommykins said:

lol...calm down mate.....but i agree wif u.

hairspray

HSC
teachers at my school comes to class VERY late sometimes even 20 minutes late! if a students comes 2 minutes late it ends up with the teacher losing their heads with the student !

Foxodi

HSC
tommykins said:

<3
Seriously, learn what respect is and toughen up. Do you like year 7 kids thinking their all equals with you and that? No... and I bet you want rights etc that they dont have.... geuss what, it's the same between the teachers and you.

thommy

HSC
N/A
All I want is an explanation why teachers are allowed to do stuff we're not?

HSC
thommy said:
All I want is an explanation why teachers are allowed to do stuff we're not?
they have a bachelor of education.

plus they have to teach those dufusfaces at your school. you know, the ones you think would have made the world a better place by being stillborn.

that being said. my school doesnt stop me wearing makeup. and i hardly ever wear uniform. and a chick in my english class walked out of the room today when her phone rang and the teacher used it as an example of how stoppard views death.

thommy

HSC
N/A
Sarsy said:
Possibly because they're the ones providing your education?
Yeah, and they get paid for it.

There is no other explanation in my opinion, other than that they think they're better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)