Dragon Fans (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Who here is a supporter of the Dragons and knows about there history, although I'm not a supporter I am proud of there history especially the period from 1954-1964 and there many Grand Final wins during that period

Last edited:

bootylicious

HSC
umm.... yeah im no supporter too!!

i dont know the history as well, but my cousin used to go out with the new winger?!?! that wasn't relevant, but i thought that i might add that lil fact!! :)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
bootylicious said:
umm.... yeah im no supporter too!!

i dont know the history as well, but my cousin used to go out with the new winger?!?! that wasn't relevant, but i thought that i might add that lil fact!! :)
Ah, ok cool

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
every rugby league team appart from the dragons and bunnies are just superficial

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I think my avatar says it all.

We've had a pretty crap start to the season, but thats always the way. We always come good in the last few weeks before finals, if we could play consistantly well throughout the season then our chances of another premiership would be so much higher, they're just completely undisciplined at times.
I'm glad Browny has come out and said we don't want Mundine back though, thats a shit fight we don't need to be getting into.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*questions the point of the starting of this thread*

Go the dragons

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
AsyLum said:
*questions the point of the starting of this thread*

Go the dragons
To see who else was into the history of the club, thought that would have been obvious

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Korn said:
To see who else was into the history of the club, thought that would have been obvious
Well the fact they won a world record 11 premierships in straight years and it was 1956-1966 not 1954-1964 kinda had my alarm bells ringing.

nicksta_40

HSC
although we're sitting a poor 14th on the ladder, we're stil 4th favourite to win the premiership.

All i can say/hope for the Dragons is that we should sign Ben Creagh for life b4 some gay clubs like the roosters can steal him (like they do with every other player), because he is deadset the best defender in the game, doesn't miss a tackle, might not be too flashy in offense, but he is very reliable a future star of the game.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
AsyLum said:
Well the fact they won a world record 11 premierships in straight years and it was 1956-1966 not 1954-1964 kinda had my alarm bells ringing.
My fav player from then would be the halfback

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
AsyLum said:
ahem.... And which team ended that run?

Knights_chick

I like the dragons, but if course I am a Knights supporter.

Really, the Dragons have not won a premiership because they are now known as the St.George ILLAWARRA Dragons. But who cares....

Anyway, just wondering something. Are you guys going to try and keep hold of Ben Hornby when he comes off contract in 2007? Is he a piority signing? Because he would look pretty good in a red and blue jumper lol:)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
they merged with illawara like 5 years ago
before that they were the st george dragons...

and i doubt we will just release hornby, by then he will be (well he already is) the best full back in the game :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I'm glad Browny has come out and said we don't want Mundine back though, thats a shit fight we don't need to be getting into.
Barret > Choc anyday. Souths is probably the best bet for him. Most Rabbits fans I know would love Mundine on board. We don't need him at the Dragons.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Korn said:
Who here is a supporter of the Dragons and knows about there history, although I'm not a supporter I am proud of there history especially the period from 1954-1964 and there many Grand Final wins during that period
Mate, if you want a good forum for discussing the history of the Dragons, you should go straight to their major one:

World Of Rugby League

You can go here and just start a thread about it. There are a few guys here who know heaps about the club.

However, if you just wish to read about the history of the club and you don't want to share perspectives on it, here's a brilliant link:

H I S T O R Y O F S T G E O R G E

That should be a good start.

Also, like AsyLum said, their 11 straight happened between '56 and '66. A slight mix up there :)

Boo_

HSC
lol, yeah, 11 in a row, the best way to end an argument about who is the best nrl team :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)