Drop 'em or keep 'em? (1 Viewer)

The Ozman

HSC
Hey guys, I'll be picking up Ext 2 Maths and English for HSC soon, which would leave me with 16 units assuming i don't drop anything. My subjects right now are:

Ancient History
Chemistry
English (+Ext1)
Maths (+Ext1)
Music
Physics

Now I regard myself as being pretty capable of getting a high band 6 in music but lets face it, it scales so crap it's not worth keeping. The question is whether or not to drop ancient as well, 'coz while I could handle it i'm leaning towards focusing on the subjects that really matter (i.e. Ext 2 maths). Any advice/opinions much appreciated. :)

HSC
The Ozman said:
Hey guys, I'll be picking up Ext 2 Maths and English for HSC soon, which would leave me with 16 units assuming i don't drop anything. My subjects right now are:

Ancient History
Chemistry
English (+Ext1)
Maths (+Ext1)
Music
Physics

Now I regard myself as being pretty capable of getting a high band 6 in music but lets face it, it scales so crap it's not worth keeping. The question is whether or not to drop ancient as well, 'coz while I could handle it i'm leaning towards focusing on the subjects that really matter (i.e. Ext 2 maths). Any advice/opinions much appreciated. :)
keep music. if you're capable of getting a high band 6 then scaling is not going to affect you.

but whatever you do, you will probably need to drop *something* as 16 is probably a bit much. drop whatever you are least interested in, because it seems you are apt enough at everything you're doing atm.

undalay

HSC
16 units is alot. Basically 60% of the work you are doing is going to be useless. If you're a high band 6 music student, then scaling shouldn't really affect you.

HSC
is keeping anc his, and then doing just 3 unit for either english or maths an option? cos 14 units would be just nuts, especially with the immense work involved with both 4 units, phys and chem, as well as all the reading required for ancient. But if you dropped one extension, say, did 3 unit english or 3 math. then ud have 13 which is more feasible.

However if ur sure u wanna keep math and eng 4 unit, then id say drop ancient now, or maybe keep it for the first term and just see how u go, then decide what to drop.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah dont drop a subject just because of its scaling. You said that youre very capable of getting a high band 6, which is extremely good, whether or not the subject scales good or bad.
you need to devote a lot of time to maths ext 2, and with such a workload like that, youll most likely to be burnt out by the time you have assessments left, right and centre.
id suggest to drop ancient history, which leaves you with 14 units, and if you also cant handle the workload then drop another subject, which would leave you more time to study everything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)