• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Drop Woodwork?? (1 Viewer)

jamestar05

HSC
Unsure whether to drop woodwork or ipt. The subjects im doing at the moment are

2unit Maths
Standard English
Biology
Geography
Woodwork
Studies of Religion 1 unit
IPT
=13 units

I really do enjoy woodwork and if to do it in the hsc would be looking for a Band 5/6, im quite academically sound across my subjects, but from all ive heard is that woodwork will only bring my atar way down, even if i do really well? im aiming for a 75-80 atar. Or the other option to keep 13 units.

Kittikhun

HSC
That's a tough choice. What do you want to do in the future? Do you know what you want to do in the future? Personally, I would stick with IPT and drop woodwork if the workload starts getting too much only because it would look better for employers and for a job in the Defence Force, if that were to be of your liking as a career path, but I would keep woodwork if I was going to something like construction in later life but then again I would keep all of my 13 units if I could handle it. All in all, it's a very tough choice and I don't want to be the one responsible if you were to have any regrets in the future so don't take my advice too much to heart, brother. Stick it out and see what happens, I guess, is the best advice I can give you, if it is advice.

Peace.

jamestar05

HSC
Im looking to do study Building and construction management at University to hopefully move into project planning/ surveying/ building. Im so undecided like whether woodwork will bring my marks down heaps or whether i can handle 13 units. Arggghh!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)