droping from 2u to general?? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
it's now term one of 2004 but we all know year 12 course started last year...so i should drop from 2u to general now, before the half yearlies, right???

pros and cons please

hard for me to catch up??

disadvantaged if i go to uni...as in make it harder for myself...say if i was gonna do accounting...and i went for cadetship interviews...would it disadvantage me??

....how bout any course in uni...will it kill me cause i did general??

i really dont like 2u...and it's the only subject i dont like....will general scale me down?? if i do good in general is it better than if i go crap in 2u??

Please Help !! i wana make the right decision

thanks...

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
why does this topic keep coming up.. put it in the school forum and thats it
if u think u can do well in general then go for it.. but from my experience everyone who dropped from 2u to general still doesnt like do homework and work hard at it

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
why did you post this again?! you already have it in the school forum (twice), in the gen maths forum, and the uni (general) forum....

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
2 Unit in some parts may appear "difficult" however this is just an illusion. I by know means was good at 2 unit maths getting round 50-60% every test.

However I started noticing it was quite repitive and, if you studied and completed alot of practice papers this would you guarantee an 80+ mark...

It paid off :D

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, 2u is very doable....i'd say stick with it and just do past paper questions, all of your homework and that should guarentee you a mark of at least 80 (like Beaky said)

deviant

my teachers said that the chances are that if u droped to a easier subject, u'll probably do worse cause u'll slack off

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by deviant
my teachers said that the chances are that if u droped to a easier subject, u'll probably do worse cause u'll slack off
Exactly,

you can always aim higher, succeed and get scaled better in a harder subject

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
well i won't say that!

there were plenty of people in my year who were failing every exam in 2u maths, telling them to drop to general but they won't, they would have been so much better off
they were lazy and didn't study at all, with general maybe they would do some work, easier work

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I was in the same position as you, but at the start of year 11. I dropped down to general and l'm ranked 1st so far...it does scale down...but l have had to put up with that.

stef since 1986

i also dropped from mathematics to general.. BUT i did a term of 2u first. i found it hard to catch up the prelim work i had mised. if u r capable of 2u them DEF do it. but if to u its un-do-able, then drop and work had in general

kow_dude

HSC
One of my friends dropped 3 unit maths to General maths, and he didn't regret making that decision.

aud

HSC
I wouldn't, General covers 5 main topics in both Prelim and HSC, and the HSC ones develop on top of the Prelim work... with 2U, there's 13 (I think) different topics that all link together but not as much as General...

I think that if you dropped now, the missed work from last year would hurt your marks, my friend dropped from 2U to Gen after Prelim and had to constantly look up stuff from Prelim...

abdooooo!!!

Banned
general math is evil... i've realised it after seeing this years hsc scores... its discrimination to the smart people who choose it for a stupid reason. ;)

and you need to catch up with general math??? what the hell... i mean you're doing a higher version of math in the first place right? this must mean that general math is really gay... bad conclusion lol. :p

Rick

after doing 5 terms of 2u, i found the work was getting over my hed, i spoke to some people and they said if i could blitz general,(97+), then i would still recieve a decent mark, but i had to blitz it or it wouldnt be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)