• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dropping a degree... (2 Viewers)

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
Hey BOS hopefully someone can help me with this...
I am doing a B. Social Work/B.Arts
I basically chose to combine my degree with arts because the first two years of S.W. is straight arts which is kinda weird but I thought I might as well grab a major in arts through staying at uni one extra year...
I was wondering however, if i get sick of Uni and I want to go from a Social Work/Arts degree to straight Social Work... is it difficult? Surely it wouldn't be too hard since I am doing the prereqs atm. I wonder if you have to go through UAC or can you do it internally.
Surely someone on this forum has dropped half a degree before...
Thanks in advance

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
It should be an internal process. Talk to your faculty office about the necessary paperwork.

scissor

HSC
Templar's right. A tip, though- if you intend to drop or pick up subjects as part of your degree change, do it well within the relevant cut-off dates. It is easy enough to change beforehand, but after that you are going to need to talk to a lot of people. Make your application with plenty of time for them to approve it before the cut-offs (at least one week, if not more).

Once the approval has been given, you will most likely be in charge of changing your subjects yourself, either in person or online, so keep watching for the email to notify you and check and change your subjects ASAP.

You also need to make sure HECS is taken care of, but the faculty will direct you as to that.

Good luck!

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
Thanx for the reply :) I probably wont drop the degree but I needed to know just in case.

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
Ahh my bad... I meant half of my two degrees...
and.... I would rather not climb the corporate/social ladder and all that.... kinda against the whole ideology of "social work".....

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You know, you can not go to Hell with a degree in legal letters/laws, and you can actually not climb the corporate-social ladder and do social work.

I'm sure there have been Young Australians of the Year, Australians of the Year, and local People of the Year who've, or are, doing law.
Jah, that, and so long as you do it before the census date, the 31st IIRC, you won't be charged for that course (if you're on HECS).
Oh k.
stop posting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)