Dropping a subject (1 Viewer)

sallyjirjofne

HSC
Hello,
I have finished my first Year 12 assesment and am deciding to drop a subject between buisness and SAC.
I got 26/30 in sac and am ranked 5/17 last year their was six band sixes but their was zero before that
In buisness I got 81 percent and was ranked 13/51 we usally get around 2 band sixes.

Im struggling to decide which one to drop

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering your current ranks as well as past cohort performance in both subjects, it seems that your position in Society and Culture may be better than your position in Business Studies. This alone would suggest that you should keep Society and Culture and drop Business Studies. With that being said, it must be stressed that while past cohort performance can serve as an indication, it does not determine the performance of your cohort in either subject. This can be seen in the differing performance levels of your school's previous Society and Culture cohorts.

In such a case, you may wish to consider other elements that may be relevant to you and could enable you to make a more informed decision. For example, you seem to have considered only your performance. In addition to your performance, you could also consider the subject that you are more interested in, i.e. the subject that you enjoy more.

Another element is your study interests beyond the HSC. Students may want to take subjects that might be relevant to their university studies. While neither subject is treated as a prerequisite or assumed knowledge for relevant degrees, the content that they cover may be useful in terms of familiarising you with the field to a certain extent (this is especially applicable to Business Studies).

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)