Dumb Textbooks (1 Viewer)

nicoling

HSC
can we talk about how EASY the maths in focus (Ext 1) questions are and how it doesn't prepare you for any of the exams at all? Like who would make a textbook to purposely set students up for failure??

beetree1

HSC
Textbooks arent very useful in helping you prepare for exams, you should do past papers. Textbooks are only good for when you are learning content but considering the HSC in only in 2 months, you should be close to or finished learning content by now

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Ask yourself: Why is "Maths in Focus", I guess, so widely adopted textbook, if it is so bad?

sami90210

HSC
we're using the ext 1 maths in focus textbook next year and it looks like it doesn't go in detail to explain its chapters especially surds and indices, I'm scared lol

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
No need to be scared. Just have another textbook - be it Cambridge or Fitzpatrick et al.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
can we talk about how EASY the maths in focus (Ext 1) questions are and how it doesn't prepare you for any of the exams at all? Like who would make a textbook to purposely set students up for failure??
I’ll be surprised if a Year 9 can’t do MiF stuff

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
A textbook like Maths in Focus is targeted more towards the average student in the state, so it certainly has a place.

If your goal is more towards getting band 6 then obviously recommend textbooks like Cambridge.

TamzidZ

HSC
That moment when you smash the MiF textbook just to get a band 2 in the exams. Feelsbadman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)