• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dunno if i can do this (1 Viewer)

charm13

hey im really new to this, but hopefully it'll help coz i'm really worried bout extension. i've just been given an essay and am having trouble even with that. If anyone has any tips on actually being able to understand the readings or know of any sites which explain them it'd be really appreciated!
thanks

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well there should be questions that come with each reading and each historian (if not ask ur teacher for some). doing those will help alot (esp for u). it may seem a little tiresome doing the dull comprehension questions but they really do help ur basic understanding. then after each reading, classify the historians according to their school of thought, like what was their opinion on the purpose of history and truth blah blah blah that should clear ur mind after doing those tonnes of questions and hopefully absorbing them
reading and actually THINKING abt what ur reading takes care of abt 80% of ur problems realistically...whats ur essay on?

Jennibeans

HSC
to add to wat sarah said make sure you've got down pat what each historian thought the purpose of history was and his/her methodology

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)