E12 (1 Viewer)

jordan c:

HSC
Hey! :) I've submitted my E12 for the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Advanced Studies course, so I hope that it goes well... Does anyone know the difficulties of being approved for the E12? My teachers said that my statements were very well-written, but I've also heard about the competitiveness of the application process too.

qwertywerido

HSC
From what I've heard it is wayyy competitive... really want that offer though, think it is because of the scholarship that is included (also the fact that it is USYD)

p.s trying for bach of psychology (hons)

jordan c:

HSC
Oooh good luck!!! I'm also doing psychology too, combined with criminology as my double degree. I hope we both get in! What'd you write for your academic achievements by the way? I just wrote some corny stuff about my short story major work

qwertywerido

HSC
omg major works, love them also hate them.
I was the nerd who (somehow?) did accelerated math last year and failed at first and then improved :)

(which is what i wrote for that section)

HSC
From what I've heard it is wayyy competitive... really want that offer though, think it is because of the scholarship that is included (also the fact that it is USYD)

p.s trying for bach of psychology (hons)
i'm trying for the same course, good luck to you and jordan!

qwertywerido

HSC
Oooh good luck!!! I'm also doing psychology too, combined with criminology as my double degree. I hope we both get in! What'd you write for your academic achievements by the way? I just wrote some corny stuff about my short story major work
also sidenote have u seen the criminology course at unsw looks really really gooddd

qwertywerido

HSC
wait lol are either of u gonna be coming to the advanced english seminar on the 6th?

jordan c:

HSC
also sidenote have u seen the criminology course at unsw looks really really gooddd
Omg i'm legit torn between USYD or UNSW, I kind of chose USYD because of the gothic architecture ngl... Though I heard that UNSW has much better practical stuff as well with criminology and psych

HSC
i haven't even heard of the seminar 😭
the email about it was quite vague actually, it said that i've been selected to take part in "prep for usyd" and it had a bunch of things like the seminars and some healthy hsc zoom you could register for. it might be buried in your emails somewhere if youre interested

qwertywerido

HSC
Omg i'm legit torn between USYD or UNSW, I kind of chose USYD because of the gothic architecture ngl... Though I heard that UNSW has much better practical stuff as well with criminology and psych
meee tooooo like best thing about usyd (at least about my course) is that u have a guaranteed honours year BUT UNSW dude that criminology course looks so amazing and they r ranked better and I live nearer...

I guess we'll see.

Ye the siminar was buried in the email - hoping will be useful because it is like the ENTIREEE day.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys so i was .85 off for my usyd e12 offer for commerce and was wondering if there was any chance I could still get in? does anyone have any experience with this? Also, I have another conditional early offer that needs to be my first preference to get so I don't know if I should bother with my e12 offer if I don't have a guarantee on being able to get in. Does anyone have any insight?
Given that USyd's E12 Early Offer and Scholarship Scheme requires you to meet a reduced ATAR, if you have not at the very least achieved an ATAR that equals the E12 ATAR for your chosen degree (in this case, an ATAR of 85 for the Bachelor of Commerce), I am afraid it is unlikely that you will be made an unconditional offer.

On the other hand, if you are expecting an unconditional offer for another degree/from a different university, it would be a good idea to place it as your highest eligible preference so that you meet that requirement, especially if you believe that you have a good chance of being made an unconditional offer for that degree.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)