• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Early Entry to Information Technology with shit grades (2 Viewers)

WhoseAdam

HSC
Hey
basically i was wondering if its worth putting in early entry for schools with information technology course and what are the chances i actually get a offer
I have already done western and uts becuase it was fast to do (prob no point because i am dumb asf) but should i do i bother doing it for Macquarie?

PRELIM:
English Standard C
Mathematics Standard C
Chemistry D
Business Studies C
Studies in Catholic Thought C
Information Processes and Technology C
Photography, Video and Digital Imaging C

yeah i dropped chem for investigating for y12

thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
There is no harm in applying for all early entry schemes that you are eligible for because it is always better to have a slight chance of receiving an early offer than to have no chance at all. Based on this, it would be a good idea to apply to MQ in addition to WSU and UTS.

Your result in Mathematics Standard and Information Processes and Technology will most likely lead to an offer to two programs through WSU's HSC True Reward Early Offer Program, which are:
  • Diploma in Information and Communications Technology/Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology
  • Diploma in Information and Communications Technology/Bachelor of Information Systems
On the other hand, I doubt that your results would be sufficiently high for you to receive an offer to a relevant degree at UTS. At this stage, I would highly recommend doing your utmost to maximise your performance in your remaining assessment tasks/exams and your HSC exams. This is for two main reasons:
  1. WSU's HSC True Reward Early Offer Program also considers HSC results. As such, if you are unable to receive an early offer based on your year 11 results, but perform favourably in year 12, you can receive an early offer based on your HSC results in relevant subjects.
  2. Doing well in year 12 will allow you to achieve a higher ATAR, which will in turn expand your options, enabling you to receive standard ATAR-based offers (the higher your ATAR, the greater the number of degrees that will be within reach) in addition to early offers.
I hope this helps! :D

HSC
Hey
basically i was wondering if its worth putting in early entry for schools with information technology course and what are the chances i actually get a offer
I have already done western and uts becuase it was fast to do (prob no point because i am dumb asf) but should i do i bother doing it for Macquarie?

PRELIM:
English Standard C
Mathematics Standard C
Chemistry D
Business Studies C
Studies in Catholic Thought C
Information Processes and Technology C
Photography, Video and Digital Imaging C

yeah i dropped chem for investigating for y12

thanks
si senior
A guy from my grade in year 11 had worse grades than you and still got a pretty offer from wollongong. Other people who in my grade who got around the same grades with similar subjects got offer from macquarie, though they did some prefect stuff or something along the lines of that. Point is that you should defo apply for early entry.

FudiddidoAdrian

HSC
There is no harm in applying for all early entry schemes that you are eligible for because it is always better to have a slight chance of receiving an early offer than to have no chance at all. Based on this, it would be a good idea to apply to MQ in addition to WSU and UTS.

Your result in Mathematics Standard and Information Processes and Technology will most likely lead to an offer to two programs through WSU's HSC True Reward Early Offer Program, which are:
  • Diploma in Information and Communications Technology/Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology
  • Diploma in Information and Communications Technology/Bachelor of Information Systems
On the other hand, I doubt that your results would be sufficiently high for you to receive an offer to a relevant degree at UTS. At this stage, I would highly recommend doing your utmost to maximise your performance in your remaining assessment tasks/exams and your HSC exams. This is for two main reasons:
  1. WSU's HSC True Reward Early Offer Program also considers HSC results. As such, if you are unable to receive an early offer based on your year 11 results, but perform favourably in year 12, you can receive an early offer based on your HSC results in relevant subjects.
  2. Doing well in year 12 will allow you to achieve a higher ATAR, which will in turn expand your options, enabling you to receive standard ATAR-based offers (the higher your ATAR, the greater the number of degrees that will be within reach) in addition to early offers.
I hope this helps! :D
hi do u think its also good to apply to courses like software engineering if ur doing good in ipt particularly compared to other subjects

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
hi do u think its also good to apply to courses like software engineering if ur doing good in ipt particularly compared to other subjects
The knowledge that IPT provides is not directly connected to software engineering, as opposed to a subject like SDD. The knowledge gained in IPT would be more relevant to a degree such as a Bachelor of Information Systems. With that being said, there is no harm in applying for a degree in software engineering, especially since it generally does not treat either IPT or SDD as assumed knowledge, but is instead more focused on Mathematics Advanced and higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)