Eco essay (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hey guys, I just got my assessment/case study for eco today and I noticed that its going to be exam-conditions in the sense we have 1 hour to write down our response to the assessment statement (we cant bring in notes/stats or anything to glance over). What is the word count + graphs/models recommended under these conditions?

If you have any advice for memorisation, it would be greatly appreciated as well.

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC
Hey guys, I just got my assessment/case study for eco today and I noticed that its going to be exam-conditions in the sense we have 1 hour to write down our response to the assessment statement (we cant bring in notes/stats or anything to glance over). What is the word count + graphs/models recommended under these conditions?

If you have any advice for memorisation, it would be greatly appreciated as well.
i'd say around 1300 words-1400. Depends. But if they're giving you 60 minutes take full advantage.

Make sure you do a lot of practice to memorise.

Also don't add graphs for the sake of it. The only way you could somehow add graphs is probs through the AS curve, lorenz curve etc... but, you haven't done or learnt it yet. For case study I don't think graphs are necessary for a 20/20.

Also what country you doing?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
i'd say around 1300 words-1400. Depends. But if they're giving you 60 minutes take full advantage.

Make sure you do a lot of practice to memorise.

Also don't add graphs for the sake of it. The only way you could somehow add graphs is probs through the AS curve, lorenz curve etc... but, you haven't done or learnt it yet. For case study I don't think graphs are necessary for a 20/20.

Also what country you doing?
the typical, china. I've already used Kuznet's Curve and Lorenz Curve for Environment and Income Inequality respectively. I'm not sure abt the AS curve since we haven't covered that and I haven't seen it? I assume you're talking about phillips curve but I'm not sure how to integrate that since I'm not fully confident with it as the latter.

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC
the typical, china. I've already used Kuznet's Curve and Lorenz Curve for Environment and Income Inequality respectively. I'm not sure abt the AS curve since we haven't covered that and I haven't seen it? I assume you're talking about phillips curve but I'm not sure how to integrate that since I'm not fully confident with it as the latter.
Ok China:
Look at WTO enrolment, SEZs for eg etc...
For ED please don't use same policies as EG. Look at health care reforms, education etc...
Might want to also look at China's recent environmental strategies (pretty ambitious) + income inequality

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Ok China:
Look at WTO enrolment, SEZs for eg etc...
For ED please don't use same policies as EG. Look at health care reforms, education etc...
Might want to also look at China's recent environmental strategies (pretty ambitious) + income inequality
Alright thanks man. I have to assess policies explicitly for my assessment question anyways so I don't plan to reuse many.

I've planned

EG:
-WTO Enrolment
- SEZ
- Open Door Policy

ED:
- Educational Reforms
- Agriculture Policies
- Health Care Reforms

Environmental Sustainability:
- Paris Agreement 2015
- Solar Panel Subsidies
- Factory Inspections/Regulation

I see that the eco paper is tomorrow so all the best man.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Alright thanks man. I have to assess policies explicitly.

I've planned

EG:
-WTO Enrolment
- SEZ
- Open Door Policy

ED:
- Educational Reforms
- Agriculture Policies
- Health Care Reforms

Environmental Sustainability:
- Paris Agreement 2015
- Solar Panel Subsidies
- Factory Inspections/Regulation

I see that the eco paper is tomorrow so all the best man.
Look at the impact of Open Door Policy + Hukou system on inequality (could add to your analysis).

Also research China's 2060 plan it's pretty sick if you want lol.

If you do that well I don't see why you can't get full. Also i think SEZ and open door policies are the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)