economics help!!! (1 Viewer)

juliastiles

HSC
so economics is 6 days away and I don't feel confident or ready, my internal rank 3rd and I got an 89 My goal for economics was a band 5 and I feel like im currently sitting on a 78-79 mark for the exam because I feel like I might lose a lot of marks in the short answers and the multiple choice is hard. I feel a bit more ready for the essays since most of my statistics are memorised and I've done lots of practices. Basically, what can I do to maximise my marks in the next few days, I don't have the time to learn every single thing because of English and im also not aiming to increase by 10 marks if that makes sense. I just need advice on how to guarantee the 81-83 range to make sure I get the band 5. Is there any topics I should direct my focus too and also do you have any short answer tips for making sure I get the 4/4 or 5/5 etc. thank you

notme123

HSC
so economics is 6 days away and I don't feel confident or ready, my internal rank 3rd and I got an 89 My goal for economics was a band 5 and I feel like im currently sitting on a 78-79 mark for the exam because I feel like I might lose a lot of marks in the short answers and the multiple choice is hard. I feel a bit more ready for the essays since most of my statistics are memorised and I've done lots of practices. Basically, what can I do to maximise my marks in the next few days, I don't have the time to learn every single thing because of English and im also not aiming to increase by 10 marks if that makes sense. I just need advice on how to guarantee the 81-83 range to make sure I get the band 5. Is there any topics I should direct my focus too and also do you have any short answer tips for making sure I get the 4/4 or 5/5 etc. thank you
at this point, you need to ditch some topics they'll assess on a relatively surface level. e.g. i think sacrificing the case study at this point might be necessary cuz australia has enough of its own problems to deal with but if you want to take out other ones feel free. also with maximising short answers, always try to find some theory or evidence that contradicts your original answer or add some deeper theory. even thinking about stuff in terms of the objectives or short-term and long-term really helps. e.g. effects of domestic protection can retain employment growth in short term but in long term the economy will suffer increased inefficiencies and constraints in economic growth because they cant operate at comparative advantage and efficient firms cant grow with low resources, leading to net decline in long term job oppoutunities compared to no protection. another example might be how a depreciation in aud may reduce employment grwth in industries reliant on imported components of production because of increased import inflation adding to cost of production, regardless of benefits of depreciation on competitiveness

uniqueusername1

HSC
Watch this video. Maybe go over these topics:
These guys predict pretty accurately most of the time.

nourished.

HSC
The honest response is to get yourself a tutor as a supplement for the upcoming Eco exam.

If you're scoring 89, you're probably doing fine. You've really underestimated yourself by -10 marks. And, in the unlikely event you perform worse than your trials, it's even more unlikely that you performed worse by 10 marks. At this stage, don't try to remember everything. Here's what you need to check off:
  • RBA snap shots.
  • Flow charts of causes and effects;
  • Measurements of (if any);
  • Protection, exchange rate, growth, inflation, unemployment, distribution of income, external stability, environmental stability, macro, micro.
Here's a checklist of exam techniques:
  • ONLY do the MC during reading time. Memorise the answers.
  • Underline ALL key terms, DO NOT skimp over this.
  • 1 mark means 1 argument.
  • Skip questions IMMEDIATELY if it confuses you.
  • Skip MC questions that require too much reading lol.
Here's a checklist for MC if you really don't know the answer:
  • The longest answer is probably correct.
  • It's probably B.
  • It's probably one of the two options that look the most similar.
Don't stress too much. You've stuck with it for this long, and you can stick with it till the HSC is over.

juliastiles

HSC
The honest response is to get yourself a tutor as a supplement for the upcoming Eco exam.

If you're scoring 89, you're probably doing fine. You've really underestimated yourself by -10 marks. And, in the unlikely event you perform worse than your trials, it's even more unlikely that you performed worse by 10 marks. At this stage, don't try to remember everything. Here's what you need to check off:
  • RBA snap shots.
  • Flow charts of causes and effects;
  • Measurements of (if any);
  • Protection, exchange rate, growth, inflation, unemployment, distribution of income, external stability, environmental stability, macro, micro.
Here's a checklist of exam techniques:
  • ONLY do the MC during reading time. Memorise the answers.
  • Underline ALL key terms, DO NOT skimp over this.
  • 1 mark means 1 argument.
  • Skip questions IMMEDIATELY if it confuses you.
  • Skip MC questions that require too much reading lol.
Here's a checklist for MC if you really don't know the answer:
  • The longest answer is probably correct.
  • It's probably B.
  • It's probably one of the two options that look the most similar.
Don't stress too much. You've stuck with it for this long, and you can stick with it till the HSC is over.
that’s really good advice actually especially the part about the multiple choice!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)