• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Economics (Impact of Globalisation on Economy other than Australia) (1 Viewer)

Jayv1987

JBoi
HSC
Hello pplz, i would be very appreciative if ppl would be so kind enough to help me generate some notes to establish and essay with regards to the impact of globalisation on an economy other than australia as i cant find my own notes anywhere.

Ive looked at the samples and the submited notes on the resources but i dont wont to copy them.

I need just and outline of what is required and some other helpful tips.

Thanks to anybody who helps.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
two main things in such an essay....

Economic GROWTH, and economic DEVELOPMENT.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
EG - growth, inflation, the usual stuff

ED - quality of life indicators: HDI, poverty, child mortality, distribution of income, etc etc

Conspirocy

HSC
couple of things to look at...it has to be a newly industrialised country or a developing country.

the way i would do it, would be to look at what the key areas of impact are for australia that the syllabus, and usually you can follow that trend a bluff a little bit.

But since your going to research it you can look at

Impact of globalisation
• international convergence
• economic growth, development and the quality of life
• trade, investment and transnational corporations e.g. setting up factories in the country
• distribution of income and wealth e.g. is globalisation benefiting the people
• environmental consequences
• financial markets e.g. deregulation and opening up to foreign markets
• the international business cycle e.g. trade partners, impact of asian financial crisis
• implications for government economic policies. e.g. fiscal, macro, employment benefits due to opening up markets

there are other things, but seriously you can usually avoid the globablisation question anyways, but still learn a case study better to be safe.

HayleeKate

HSC
Conspirocy said:
it has to be a newly industrialised country or a developing country.
Doesnt HAVE to be. Although, it is probably reasonable to say generally theres more interesting stuff to talk about in your essay if youre such an economy. I do Japan, and whilst its neither developing nor newly industrialised, however I find it thrilling and am never short of things to discuss.

Conspirocy

HSC
yeah you're right i went and checked the ole syllabus.

i dunno now that i know that wouldnt be bad to do a country that is easy to get information on like u could do the usa cause there is an article in the paper about them everyday. kinda like how a lot of people use qantas in business studies lol or i guess even china for economics

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you choose a country such as the US, you should supplement it with another developing country when talking in realtion to developement etc. You'll find there is much more to talk about in such an area on say China, than the US. (It even says this is the BOS' Markers Comments from last year i think)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)