Edassist summer school? (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone attended the edassist summer school? I was thinking of going, but was just wondering if it is worth the time and money? How was it? What kinds of things did they teach? Did you find it helpful and why?

Thanks in advance

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone attended the edassist summer school? I was thinking of going, but was just wondering if it is worth the time and money? How was it? What kinds of things did they teach? Did you find it helpful and why?

Thanks in advance
Having hindsight, don't bother wasting your money on extra lectures or expensive tutors because everything you need to know is in your textbook or within your teacher's knowledge.

Royalist

HSC
Yeah, i have attended them (At Sydney University). I think they are worth it, the lecture is very insightful and if you pay attention, you should pick up some information. They also give you a workbook, which has a break-down of the topic you are attending the lecture for, including exam/essay techniques to further help your marks.

Emma_Kate

HSC
I'm with Royalist, I thought they were quite helpful and a lot of the lecturers are very interesting and ammusing!
They give a real insight into what the markers are looking for and I found that they gave me ideas which my teachers at school hadn't.
So I would say they are worth the money and effort of going.

kloudsurfer

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Having hindsight, don't bother wasting your money on extra lectures or expensive tutors because everything you need to know is in your textbook or within your teacher's knowledge.
My biology teacher doesnt know what dependent and independent variables are.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Exphate said:
Baaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa
Im dead serious.

My school has absolutely no competent science teachers. Which sucks for me since im doing both Bio and Chem. Which is why I think this would be useful for me, since i want to get a UAI over 95 and get into Medicine.

Crap, just realised the Bio one is on my BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Sigh...

HSC
yeah i went to them..picked up the notes..forgot they even existed... and thought that id wasted money going to them..

..however now in my hour of need where im totally screwed with certain topics, looking at those notes helps SO much the lecturers really know what they're talking about and they give u their predictions on what they think may be asked in the hsc which is really helpful

kloudsurfer

HSC
Exphate said:
Lol. Its still funny, regardless of the level of truth
Im sure if it was happening to someone else, it would be hilarious. But its like getting hit in the head with a chair. Its funny till it happens to you. (yes, i got hit in the head with a chair today)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions guys. I think i better go sign up before i change my mind about sacrificing an entire week of the holidays...
Exphate said:
Be prepared for the bombardment of crap from your fellow students.
They wont be bombarding me with crap when I get a UAI of 100!!!!!!
...wait...never mind...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)