Effect of environment on phenotye assignment- HELP PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

keeski

HSC
So I have this massive bio assignment worth 20% where we have to observe the effect of environment on phenotype of a plant (i'm doing effect of salinity on basil). I've finished my growing and got all my results, and I grew for 9 days, But all of my friends and the people i've talked to at school who are doing it did it for 2+ weeks.
The assessment notification said at least 7 days, but does this mean I can be marked down for doing it for only 9 if other people did it for like 14 or more?
If anyone has any idea please let me know because I'm really quite worried about it and I will DIE if I have to do the experiment again ): plus it's due in 3 weeks!
Thankyou :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
If basil grows fast enough in 9 days then that's fine.
You probably need controls, repetition for reliability (have a few plants in each condition), make sureyourexperiments are valid (keeping all variables the same except salinity)
I'm not sure how basil grows button will have to measure the number or leaves and/or height of the plant

Remember to have a hypothesis, aim, materials, method, conclusion, discussion (pros and cons of or experiment, where you could improve, what you did wrong, etc)

You should also remember to put your results in a table and put it on a graph

Here that helps

keeski

HSC
Awesome, thankyou so much :D I'm pretty sure I've done most of those things in my actual experiment, ie. I had a control and about 7 plants per treatment. Now all I have to do is write up the report >< but thanks again :)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
It would be better to let it grow for longer so the trend is more apparent, but I don't think you'd get marked down for it unless it was explicitly stated in the marking criteria.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)