• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ehhh, whos doing B. Arts/B. Commerce (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

exquisite

blah
HSC
What subjects?! Majors?!

-----------------------------------
SEMESTER 1
ACCT1001 ACCOUNTING 1A [core]
INFS1000 BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOUNDATIONS [core]
PHIL1011 REALITY, ETHICS AND BEAUTY
PSYC1001 PSYCHOLOGY 1001

------------------------------------
SEMESTER 2
ACCT1002 ACCOUNTING 1B [core]
ECMT1010 BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC STATISTICS A [core]
PHIL1012 INTRODUCTORY LOGIC
PSYC1002 PSYCHOLOGY 1002

I plan on majoring in Philosophy, Psychology... & Marketing (i think)

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
yeah, i'm doing arts/commerce... but way ahead of you, beginning my 4th yr in '06.

Majors: Marketing, International Business & Sociology
Minor: Gender Studies

HSC
N/A
SEMESTER 1
ACCT1001 ACCOUNTING 1A [core]
INFS1000 BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOUNDATIONS [core]
PHIL1011 REALITY, ETHICS AND BEAUTY
PSYC1001 PSYCHOLOGY 1001

SEMESTER 2
ACCT1002 ACCOUNTING 1B [core]
ECMT1010 BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC STATISTICS A [core]
PHIL1012 INTRODUCTORY LOGIC
PSYC1002 PSYCHOLOGY 1002
WTF??? They let you do psychology? They said I couldnt because there isnt enough room for two majors in arts?? AHH this is so unfair! How did you convince them? or did they not question it at all??

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Without sounding offensive, are you transgendered or homosexual?

Very few straight males continue on with gender studies. I am informed that most are systematically failed (gender discrimination).
haha i understand the perception, and yes there seems to be VERY FEW straight males, in Gender studies. To answer your question...ahh no, i am not homosexual nor transgendered.

Interestingly, the ratio of male:female in only gender studies unit last year was about 1:15. But same with sociology, i was one of 2 guys in a tute of 26... and it beats doing asian studies, my only other option for arts minor - dead boring, incompetent bitch of a tutor too, too much of a bad experience!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I seriously considered Arts/Commerce but the extra 2 years really wasn't for me. Oh yeah, I also missed out by 0.1 UAI points. Having said that, good luck on your studies guys.

exquisite

blah
HSC
The_Apprentice said:
WTF??? They let you do psychology? They said I couldnt because there isnt enough room for two majors in arts?? AHH this is so unfair! How did you convince them? or did they not question it at all??
There is enough room, after asking a billion times.. the advisors are retarded. I spoke to the Arts co-ordinator or something on enrolment day, she said that i could.. but i had to use 2 of the junior units of study as senior units so i had enough credit points to complete a major, and something about doing that would limit my flexibility with the Part A major (which is my philosophy bit).

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hi-

I know that everyone is really enthusiastic to meet people from their course, but I'd like to request that you talk about these things in this thread and to look for people doing your course in this thread.

There is a practical reason for this - the university offers at least 100 degrees. Can you imagine what this forum would look like if everyone posted threads like "B Economics Students Post here!!" or "OMG everyone doing B Com/Law post here!!"

Please keep the discussion about subject choices in that thread for now. Use things like MSN as well to have discussions with people doing your degree - its better anyways.

There will be a "Semester 1 Chatter Thread" soon and more discussion can take place in there.

Thank you!!

-ujuphleg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)