Electrical Engineering University of Sydney to Electrical Engineering UTS with fails (1 Viewer)

Wake Up

HSC
Hi

I want to transfer to UTS to do electrical engineering from first year
I have some personal issues such as death of family in overseas and depression.

I am in (sort of) second year now ( my third year n Usyd)

ATAR : 98.6 (2011)
first year (i did civil engineering) : 1 HD, 2 Credit , 2 Pass , 3 Fails (2 subjects worth 3 units each,instead of the usual 6 units, 1 subject worth 6 units)
second year (electrical enginering) : 4 Credits ( 3 subject worth 6 units, 1 subject worth 3 units), 4 Pass , 1 Fail
third year : too depress to do anything, I am only doing 3 subjects now. I can pass one of them probably

What is my chance?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Electrical Engineering University of Sydney to Electrical Engineering UTS with fa

Check the requirements that UTS has to accept external transfers.

Also, have you talked to someone who can help you with your situation? I think every uni also offers student services to help guide people who need someone to talk to about their stuff, etc.

Wake Up

HSC
Re: Electrical Engineering University of Sydney to Electrical Engineering UTS with fa

Thank you. Yes I know that I have to send a letter explaining why I have failed subjects. I also have read the requirement for external transfer to UTS, particularly for Engineering.
I read on whirlpool that some people successfully transferred to another uni despite their failed subjects on their uni transcript. ( I even read one person who got transferred from sydney uni to unsw with 4 failed subjects in his first year)
The purpose of this post is just to make sure that it might work (stupid i know)

I am going to apply via UAC anyway

@anomalousdecay
Thank you , I have gone to uni counseling service and told them my issues but they only gave me something to do to be happy and asked me to go back in a week. Researching on the internet, people told me that I should just go straight to the GP

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Just FYI, if you do manage to transfer and get all/most subjects credited, you should be doing engineering practice preview 1 in your first semester and getting an internship in your second if possible.

The first internship is meant to be done around second year and there are credit point caps that you might run in to. Im not sure if there is leniency for transfers, but its something you should look into before starting.

As for whether you'll get in, its hard to say for sure. But I'd say you have a decent chance at the moment - but I have no idea how heavily failed subjects affect transfers. I think you should be trying really hard to pass all your subjects this sem though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)