Electrical Engineering? (1 Viewer)

mattfoo

HSC
I haven't had much advise on this course.. Anyone care to share what they love/hate about it? I enjoy physics a lot, especially the quantum stuff (even though I guess we've only touched on it in the physics course) and I enjoy programming. I didn't find the electronics part of the physics course too exciting though (transistor amplifiers mainly). I'm considering this for the second preference (I have a year of general engineering @ monash as first).

mattfoo

HSC
I think I might go for a double in Engineering(Mechatronics & Robotics)/Science(Computer Science & Software Eng), which looks a little more exciting. Don't really know what the job prospects are like, suppose they can't be too bad though.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
mattfoo said:
I think I might go for a double in Engineering(Mechatronics & Robotics)/Science(Computer Science & Software Eng), which looks a little more exciting. Don't really know what the job prospects are like, suppose they can't be too bad though.
Wow good luck with that, that'll take you like 6 years or even more to complete since its a double degree + double major lol. Also i don't think its worth doing Comp sci & Soft eng, since they are similar just stick with Soft Eng.

mattfoo

HSC
Musk said:
Mechatronics = electronics & mechanical mixed

I think your focusing on the name of the degree more than the content
I know what it is, I didn't pick it just for the name :p It looks a bit more interesting than an electrical engineering degree being mechanical/electronic/computersys, plus the double with software/CS keeps my career choices open. I was initially put off given the small (according to some) industry demand specifically for mecha, but i guess you can't go too bad with any sort of engineering degree. It's only 5 years. I asked more specifically about electrical engineering because I have some intrest in it, but it looks a little boring in some aspects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)