Emerging Technology (1 Viewer)

d_griffo

HSC
Hey does anyone have any notes they could give me for the emerging technology, in the timber furniture industry. As our school doesnt give us anything on emerging technology, and the csu website has nothing on it

it would help big time

Srixon

HSC
We never got nothing on that either the theory we did has nothing to do with the test and doesnt help u a bit, sorry i cant help u

d_griffo

HSC
SO how u studying then
past papers and notes of csu
and stuff that is related to wood work

Srixon

HSC
just having a look at past papers and might have a look around the web for notes if i find any i will post them

d_griffo

HSC
cheers, although this is industrial technology does some people feel that this subject is leaning to much to business studies. I do <i>business studies </i> and feel that this in more deept in some areas.

But thats just my opinion

only thing i found on emerging technologies was the CNC lathe

Srixon

HSC
Yeah i reckon that about it who really cares about the dodgy stuff in parts of the exam they should be more like the questions where u have to draw joints and characteristics of woods and cutting lists instead of that over stuff that doenst seem to have anything to do with the subject

SweetSeasons

HSC
I'm prettys ure emerging technologys also includes things like CAD programs.. which are what you use to design what the CNC machine makes.

d_griffo

HSC
i found out what emergering technology is. its just really new technology

emerging means to rise from or come into existence.
technology refers to the application of science to commerce or industry with an objective

therefore an emerging technology is something that has been scienifically created for a purpose in the commerical enviroment and society

Im not sure if these are Emerging technologies could some varify them for me

such as hand saw > circular saw, coping saw
hand drills > electric drills
lathe> cnc lathe

Srixon

HSC
hey does any one jsut have notes just on stuff that is in the rest of the exam for timber products and furniture industry, cheers

Hissen

HSC
Hey in my book i got off my teacher it tells me that:
emerging technologies are stuff like Major technological developements in the timber products and furniture industries are include: CAD/CAM meaning Computer aided Drawing, Computer aided Manufature software
examples are the wood wizz
CNC mills and lathes (computer numerically controlled)
Point to Point Router Systems
Colourply
CNC table saws
emerging technology is stuff that helps products or production do things faster and often more cheaply

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)