Engineering degree and USA. (1 Viewer)

asdf

HSC
Is an Engineering Degree here useless overseas?

Hi,

I heard that an engineering degree (probably other degrees too) in Australia would be useless in USA (and some other countries too). ie Australias Engineering Degree = shit compared to "USA's" engineering degree.

Is this true?

Thanks... :)

Last edited:

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
America thinks their too good or sumthing ??
hell no !!!
most of america's best scientists are bought from other countries from all around the world, if they have talent, then america buys them, and of course with america offering better pay, better working conditions, better science facilities, which is ultimately better for your experiment, then of course people choose to work in america.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, i know for a fact that lot of indians go to america to work- so if indian degrees are accepted- then australian degrees are for sure to b accepted!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I highly doubt it!

the only problem in the USA would be stupid imperial measurement system :p

Majesty

HSC
N/A
8am starts till 10pm working every night and even from home on weekends is quite normal there. Thanks but no thanks!
Don't wanna work with arrogant colleagues either! :D

asdf

HSC
ah ok. I remember now where i heard this from (though it wasn't for engineering). At the USYD open day, we listened to some proffessor talk about the pharmacy degree. He said that you will not be able to work in SOME other countries (such as USA) with this degree (and some other degrees he didn't mention too). He said it's the same if someone did the degree in USA and wanted to work in Australia. Anyway, what i wanted to know previously was if the engineering degrees are the same.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by asdf
ah ok. I remember now where i heard this from (though it wasn't for engineering). At the USYD open day, we listened to some proffessor talk about the pharmacy degree. He said that you will not be able to work in SOME other countries (such as USA) with this degree (and some other degrees he didn't mention too). He said it's the same if someone did the degree in USA and wanted to work in Australia. Anyway, what i wanted to know previously was if the engineering degrees are the same.
yeah, engineering must b the same- coz so much ppl. go overseas to work u know!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i think that applies mainly to medical professions because of the different protocols / medicines / diseases that occur in the states.

My dad worked in the USA for 3 years as an engineer through the navy and they thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. When he was working half as hard as he could, he was working twice as hard as most of the ppl he worked with. Lazy bums!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)