• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Engineering Studies HSC Prediction/Thoughts (2 Viewers)

PRX

HSC
I think there's gonna be more marks on drawing this year since last year didn't have as much of that as 2022 and 2021,
Anything you guys have in mind?

mellysmelly

HSC
I think there's gonna be more marks on drawing this year since last year didn't have as much of that as 2022 and 2021,
Anything you guys have in mind?
i recon, there possibly will be, given in my trial paper there was two drawing questions

HSC
N/A
It’s possible that there will be a heavier focus on drawing this year, especially if previous years didn’t emphasize it as much. Here are a few common areas they might ask for drawing tasks:

1. Diagrams for Practical Experiments: You could be asked to draw and label apparatus used in common experiments, especially for chemistry or physics. Make sure you're familiar with drawing setups for titrations, electrolysis, circuits, and projectile motion experiments.
  2. Graphs: Be prepared to draw accurate graphs, particularly for experiments involving motion, energy, or rates of reaction. Understanding how to plot data correctly, including proper scaling, labeling axes, and drawing best-fit lines, is crucial.
  3. Molecular Structures: For chemistry, you might be asked to draw Lewis structures, structural formulas, or even electron configurations. Be sure to revise how to represent molecules, ions, or even equilibrium systems graphically.
  4. Force Diagrams/Free Body Diagrams: In physics, drawing force diagrams to show forces acting on objects or systems, such as inclined planes or projectiles, could pop up. Brush up on how to represent vectors, friction, normal force, and gravity.
  5. Energy Level Diagrams: For chemistry, energy level diagrams for endothermic/exothermic reactions might be something they throw in. Practice drawing potential energy diagrams and labeling activation energy and enthalpy change.
Any of these ring a bell for you, or is there a specific type of diagram or drawing you’re worried about?

HOPE THIS HELPS 😀

mellysmelly

HSC
It’s possible that there will be a heavier focus on drawing this year, especially if previous years didn’t emphasize it as much. Here are a few common areas they might ask for drawing tasks:

1. Diagrams for Practical Experiments: You could be asked to draw and label apparatus used in common experiments, especially for chemistry or physics. Make sure you're familiar with drawing setups for titrations, electrolysis, circuits, and projectile motion experiments.
  2. Graphs: Be prepared to draw accurate graphs, particularly for experiments involving motion, energy, or rates of reaction. Understanding how to plot data correctly, including proper scaling, labeling axes, and drawing best-fit lines, is crucial.
  3. Molecular Structures: For chemistry, you might be asked to draw Lewis structures, structural formulas, or even electron configurations. Be sure to revise how to represent molecules, ions, or even equilibrium systems graphically.
  4. Force Diagrams/Free Body Diagrams: In physics, drawing force diagrams to show forces acting on objects or systems, such as inclined planes or projectiles, could pop up. Brush up on how to represent vectors, friction, normal force, and gravity.
  5. Energy Level Diagrams: For chemistry, energy level diagrams for endothermic/exothermic reactions might be something they throw in. Practice drawing potential energy diagrams and labeling activation energy and enthalpy change.
Any of these ring a bell for you, or is there a specific type of diagram or drawing you’re worried about?

HOPE THIS HELPS 😀
I don't think they will ask any of these except for 4. yes its expected to do fbd anyway for most math in engineering. In terms of drawings I think its more the AS1100 drawings and pictoral drawings they were talking about. but yes I agree fbd will be expected, probably also manufacting processes, diagrams and also microstructures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)