engineering studies (1 Viewer)

anonymoushehe

HSC
Is engineering studies like hard? I wanted to choose it as like a break but an interesting subject I can do, but people in my class said that it was hard since some of the previous students who did the subject at my school said it was hard??

kkk579

hello
HSC
Is engineering studies like hard? I wanted to choose it as like a break but an interesting subject I can do, but people in my class said that it was hard since some of the previous students who did the subject at my school said it was hard??
some ppl on this thread said that the amount of time and effort it requires doesn’t make the shitty scaling worthwhile but ofc if u like it scaling doesn’t matter

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
the actual content was at times good and at times bad imo, some people liked it all, and others hated it all. i recommend looking at the syllbus on nesa website and looking through past papers or a textbook if you can get your hands on one, to see if you are interested in the content. if you want to do well, it certaintly isn't a "break' subject.

if you are not 100% eger to do it, and the content doesn't interest you, i say dont do it. imo it was a lot of work just for horrible scaling. However, if you are eger, willing to put in the effort, and the content looks interesting and enjoyable, most certaintly do it!

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
it isn't that hard to answer your question, but there are a few tricky concepts that can take some time and practice to get used to.
The content is focused on:
- mechanics
- materials
- electronics
- drawing
- historical and societal and scope of profession stuff
it can be considered hard in the fact that there is a lot of content and such a diverse range of skills and questions that can be asked. imo its like a mix of math, physics, chem sorta, art, and just history and materials and other stuff. So it can be overwhelming at times.

Vall

HSC
I have zero idea of your context so I can't say if you'll find it hard. I admit engineering studies has a lot of content that you need to learn at a relatively fast pace. BUT a significant portion of the content overlaps with other HSC subjects such as physics, IPT, SDD, chemistry and maths. If you're doing engineering alongside one or two of those other subjects you'll find the workload far more manageable.
Also, cause the syllabus hasn't changed in about twenty years for it, there are 20 past HSC papers for it which makes studying for it really easy
Plus (imo) the content is interesting to learn about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)