English assignment, help will be appreciated. (2 Viewers)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
What are the good related materials for the theme of identity and community?

I am learning about a text where the characters are experiencing a identity criss of their own and throughout the play, we see great deal of changes in which they deal with that crisis. In the play, we are encountered with some racial stereotypes and conflicing racial views.

So, what would be some related materials that represent that theme of identiy and community along with some focus on racial discrimination, stereotypes and identity crisis?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It's actually a speech. What could be a good opening statement? (to grab everyone's attention from the start)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
What are the good related materials for the theme of identity and community?

I am learning about a text where the characters are experiencing a identity criss of their own and throughout the play, we see great deal of changes in which they deal with that crisis. In the play, we are encountered with some racial stereotypes and conflicing racial views.

So, what would be some related materials that represent that theme of identiy and community along with some focus on racial discrimination, stereotypes and identity crisis?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It's actually a speech. What could be a good opening statement? (to grab everyone's attention from the start)
Harold and Kumar.
Opening Statement: I may fulfil the stereotype that Asians are good at Maths but this may/may not always be true.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
this novel called Wave [or the wave] its about identity and conformity

and for the opening statement you can have a quote from a random [famous] person

bored of sc

HSC
Also, for identity crisis I'd go with the film American Beauty by Sam Mendes. It's about a man suffering from a midlife crisis. However a catalyst begins his journey to self-discovery - the genuine discovery and appreciation of the identity that makes him gratified. See my signature for a quote :p!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dwarven said:
this novel called Wave [or the wave] its about identity and conformity

and for the opening statement you can have a quote from a random [famous] person
I know that novel!!! I learnt that last year. Thanks for reminding me of that.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
lyounamu said:
I know that novel!!! I learnt that last year. Thanks for reminding me of that.
same
used it for the last prelim module and had to do a speech on it :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)