English Exam (1 Viewer)

ebbygoo

HSC
Hey there :wavey:
Got this english exam coming up about area of study: journeys; and am looking for some quotes/links to quotes that relate to the themes of :
a) Love in Catcher in the Rye and
b) Innocence in Tess of the D'Urbervilles.
I've tried googling, and couldn't find a compilation of these quotes, esp. for innocence in Tess (much to my surprise).

Any help please?
Will be greatly appreciated :spin:

deloving

HSC
Have you tried reading the text and searching for the desired quotes by yourself? Trust me, it works every time!

ebbygoo

HSC
Yes, but I need a wider range, and i am obviously am not going to go over the whole books again, hence why I asked. Thank you however for reminding me that I have the book and am able to get my quotes from that :L

Verify

HSC
Any time.
If you're not going to post with the intention of helping out OP, I suggest you don't post at all.

OP, you probably have this down already but Holden's relationship with Jane/Phoebe would probably be the most important example of love.
I think the event where Stradlater goes out with Jane in the beginning of the book reflects Holden's unchanged love for Jane. He doesn't want Stradlater's 'corrupt' nature to affect Jane's innocence and purity in anyway.
Also,Phoebe because he wants to protect Phoebe from adulthood which shows his affection for her. But by the end of the novel we know this doesn't happen .

ebbygoo

HSC
If you're not going to post with the intention of helping out OP, I suggest you don't post at all.

OP, you probably have this down already but Holden's relationship with Jane/Phoebe would probably be the most important example of love.
I think the event where Stradlater goes out with Jane in the beginning of the book reflects Holden's unchanged love for Jane. He doesn't want Stradlater's 'corrupt' nature to affect Jane's innocence and purity in anyway.
Also,Phoebe because he wants to protect Phoebe from adulthood which shows his affection for her. But by the end of the novel we know this doesn't happen .
I never really thought of that. Thanks heaps :) Gunna go looking for something now cause I really like that idea haha

Verify

HSC
I never really thought of that. Thanks heaps :) Gunna go looking for something now cause I really like that idea haha
No problem, if you want more help, I could PM you some parts of my essay which is relevant to your topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)