• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English HELP MEE!!!! *Feature article* (1 Viewer)

Peteness

Can someone help me, i dont no how to write a feature article can someone help me plz and give me soem tips? eg. wat i need, how to set it out, and etc

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Features of a feature article:

Heading-- which could be a Pun or a rhetorical Question, or anything eye catchy
Divide the page into two columns...as feature articles are written in two columns.
Feature article consists of a by line. I don't exactly know the definition of a by line--but it really gives some idea of what the article is about. E.g. "As time passes concerns for parents increase as they ask themselves "Are they consolidating their kids' future?'' writes Peteness.

Feature article consists of colloquial language...and has such things as statistics.
It consists of a visual. To insert a visual i'd recommend make a box and write about the pic u would like to be there to illustrate your point.
I lost marks last year when i didn't have a visual description. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps :)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
* give n interesting headline - a idiom , a pun , a RQ, something which will attract the attention of the reader
* u don't always need to write a feature article in 2 columns , but it is recommended 2 do so
* use quotations from experts
*use graphics

well if u really wanna have n example , have a look at this bk:
success in HSC advanced english
this is wat my teacher told me to use....it has got the features of a feature article n how to write it etc.

goodluck!!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
yeah......success in HSC std book is good! i used it....but not much...as my tutor went thru it b4 trials! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)