English help (1 Viewer)

Bronx_Tips

HSC
Hi Im new here!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend me good tutoring places for English

I currently go for English at matrix and I don't think Im getting much out of it. If anyone else has done english at matrix was it similar for you too??

Thank you so much 😊

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hi Im new here!

I currently go for English at matrix and I don't think Im getting much out of it. If anyone else has done english at matrix was it similar for you too??

Thank you so much 😊
group tutoring centres that aren't specific to your school end up sucking quite a lot. for english the main reason why you'd want to go for tutoring is for personalised and focused feedback that your teachers at school aren't providing enough of, so probably going private would be your best option. i will say though that you don't need tutoring if you only need a tutor to read your essays and mark them and give feedback (and not help you with other stuff like analysing the text) if your teachers are readily marking your work and giving you high-quality feedback. if you need help with analysing the text outside of school and you don't feel you can do it yourself then maybe a school-focused group tutoring place with small classes would be good for you. i heard delta and jp were good but i've never been to those places myself

Bronx_Tips

HSC
group tutoring centres that aren't specific to your school end up sucking quite a lot. for english the main reason why you'd want to go for tutoring is for personalised and focused feedback that your teachers at school aren't providing enough of, so probably going private would be your best option. i will say though that you don't need tutoring if you only need a tutor to read your essays and mark them and give feedback (and not help you with other stuff like analysing the text) if your teachers are readily marking your work and giving you high-quality feedback. if you need help with analysing the text outside of school and you don't feel you can do it yourself then maybe a school-focused group tutoring place with small classes would be good for you. i heard delta and jp were good but i've never been to those places myself
yay thx 😊

jonolad69

HSC
group tutoring for english is a waste of money

i would cancel matrix before you get charged for another term, i think once people do it for a term they realise how bad it is

the main tutoring centres that are quite reputable are JP english, concept education and delta. however, since people may find it too expensive, just go online and find a private tutor with good credentials and that should be enough (even better do a trial lesson just to see if it's worth the money)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
group tutoring for english is a waste of money

i would cancel matrix before you get charged for another term, i think once people do it for a term they realise how bad it is

the main tutoring centres that are quite reputable are JP english, concept education and delta. however, since people may find it too expensive, just go online and find a private tutor with good credentials and that should be enough (even better do a trial lesson just to see if it's worth the money)
most important thing is working on skills through feedback and lessons
as y'all are '26 (oml i feel old is this how '23ers felt) setting up skills early is best; some of my friends got hit (metaphorically) by senior english because their writing style did not fit the demands of eng adv. my english level was the same from y6-y9, and i started changing my writing style as i gained exposure to (a) my sister's writing and (b) exemplars. i just realised "this is the format they want sentences to be in" so i just imitated it as much as possible, and it basically means removing a load of unnecessary words (e.g "in order to" –> "to") and using more synonyms for verbs(e.g illustrate/elucidates/highlights/exemplifies/espouses . . . keep note of the nuances of each verb here).

C_master

HSC
Hi Im new here!

Thank you so much 😊
Its straight ass I recommend you don't go there anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)