English Kath Walker poem "WE ARE GOING" (1 Viewer)

penny.sullivan

HSC
if anybody could help me or lead me to a good site that will help me with the analysis of the poem:
"WE ARE GOING"

ive got the poem but finding it hard to analyse it.
Please help!

:cool:

E

Empyrean444

I did this term one: here's what i can remember:

I presume you are doing this within the topic of "Journeys". Hence our 1st question should be: "what sort of journey is this?"
It is an exodus, and therefore it is a physical journey. Her people have undertaken it because their land has been stolen, changed and reshaped so it is no longer liveable for them (nb: link for Aboriginies with the land - note its importance here). It is also therefore a loss of themselves, and hence a SPIRITUAL (or inner) exodus as well.

Insights into the journey: the actions precipiating the journey can be just as important as the thing itself; people may undertake a journey because they have been displaced (compare to refugees) or lost something dear to them. this poem is very much about the setting of the journey: here it starts in their traditional land and leaves this setting without any defined point of destination or direction. Reflects on the relative aimlessness of some journeys (ie where they go is unimportant, but they must leave).

Sorry for briefness - can't remember much of it. But it should suffice as stimulus/food for thought.

nraina

HSC
hey. did you get any sort of help .. coz im doing we are going aswell .. and yeah it is quite hard to analyse it ? .. just have a few solid points .. got any others ?

thank you ..
all the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)