English tutoring recommendations (1 Viewer)

du_lce

HSC
Hi there, I'm looking for Year 12 English advanced tutoring places, as I've just started and have heard about Matrix and qededucation. Has anyone had experiences with these places and are they good? Recommendations for other places also would be appreciated. Also, In general, is English tutoring worth it, as I have never been tutoring before and my English marks fluctuate a lot. I'm currently thinking that tutoring will help me be more consistent but need advice on how to approach this. Thank you!

laterz laterz

HSC
How does that make any sense lol? Don't the teachers create the resources?
lol what

teachers might be smart enough to make good resources but don't know how to teach (like teaching is a skill and not just every smart person can teach)

it's like saying every 99.95 can teach - no they can't (they might have a lot of knowledge but don't know how to give it to others)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
lol what

teachers might be smart enough to make good resources but don't know how to teach (like teaching is a skill and not just every smart person can teach)

it's like saying every 99.95 can teach - no they can't (they might have a lot of knowledge but don't know how to give it to others)
I mean true. But still you'd think there's a relationship with the quality of resources and the teacher.

laterz laterz

HSC
I mean true. But still you'd think there's a relationship with the quality of resources and the teacher.
yeah ofc there is but most of the times nah. like for me, my english teacher is really smart but she can't teach at all so our class is always below the cohort average

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Matrix is good but really pricey and when I went, I found their classes to be wayyyy too long. Like it was 3 hours on a weekday with a scarce 20 min break and after the break i couldn't concentrate at all. I went for maths but for english, a lot of my friends who also went there said it wasn't really helpful.

I've had good experience with Dux college but I'm not sure how they are for english as I did maths. Do a trial class and see if you like it!

kkk579

hello
HSC
has anyone here had experience with an extremely good private math tutor?? ngo and sons is pretty good in terms of explaining theory and stuff but their qs aren’t that hard. if anyone knows one that teaches year 9 and above maths do u mind telling me. thanks

du_lce

HSC
Matrix is good but really pricey and when I went, I found their classes to be wayyyy too long. Like it was 3 hours on a weekday with a scarce 20 min break and after the break i couldn't concentrate at all. I went for maths but for english, a lot of my friends who also went there said it wasn't really helpful.

I've had good experience with Dux college but I'm not sure how they are for english as I did maths. Do a trial class and see if you like it!
thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)