english (1 Viewer)

cactuar

HSC
ok so in english advanced for the past year i have put in very little effort (the usual, studying right before tests, remembering 1 if 2 quotes) and scraped through with an average assessment mark of 69 (lol). after my trials i had a talk with my english teacher and principal and started to actually study, not just for english but all my other subjects.

in the week before the test i did probably more study for that subject than i had the whole year beforehand, not to mention the previous weeks of study i'd had.

friend a and b averaged about 65 in english.
friend a and b do little to no study at all for english before the final tests. (so little that a was asking me on the trip to the test who some of the main characters in blade runner were)
friend a and b come out of the hsc with a 72 and a 79 respectively.

i get 68 and feel completely cheated. that one subject has fucked my atar completely it feels disgusting that im going to have to do some stupid program in order to get into my uni course now. (note im not talking about getting 90 here, im talking about getting 65-80. all my other subjects were what i expected in marks).

fair enough, i should have put more effort throughout the whole year. i never expected to have to though due to the low atar requirement of my course. but im not going to sit here and pretend that i did nothing for these tests, and im not going to sit here and pretend that that atar is a representation of how smart or intelligent i actually i am.

i am however going to sit here, pissed off, wondering how the fuck this has happened and how this one compulsory subject is marked. call it karma, i call it bullshit.

alex09hsc

HSC
it's not your fault it's the evil markers who are out to get you

lynton

HSC
I hate that when you study real hard and people who don't study go better than you. It happened a lot to me over the years, but usually the HSC should work out for those people who work hard consistently throughout the year.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Tough luck, OP. Someone will always be more naturally gifted than you, but remember that you have your own talents :)

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
dude your internal ranks were probably shit so someone else got your mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)