Essays X 3 (1 Viewer)

shotty007

pwner
HSC
3x essay sucks

three essays is bad. the gap between the good and the bad students is smaller than it would have been.

i was looking forward to writing a radio interview or a letter or something mildly creative. three essays - what a booore!!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
omg Ravo Kate im EXACTLY the same!!!! im a maths/science kind of person. i only do standard english. but AOS paper was soo easy, and so was paper 2!!

HSC
wasn't the 2nd one a critical response eg. viewpoint and strong motivational language? meh i cant even remember what i wrote lol

HSC
three essays = good! i was so worried bout the exam 2day i thought it would be sooooo hard after monday.... but it was great!!! nice and easy and my prepared essays fit perfectly as well.
but i have 2 agree... the gap is alot smaller now which is a bad thing.
oh well! who cares! advanced english is over 4 ever!!!!!! woooohooooo

LostAuzzie

HSC
Three essays, easiest English Modules test ive ever done (not hard since ive only done two but you get my point)
I was shocked with that simply because every other year they've had one question that was a different text type.
Although the critical evaluation question will seperate the good from the bad

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I structured Section II more like a speech, like one side of a debate. I presented it to "the class." Essentially an essay still, at any rate. Hooray for prepared essays :D

courtney_*

Epitome of Lazy said:
wasn't the 2nd one a critical response eg. viewpoint and strong motivational language? meh i cant even remember what i wrote lol
Yeah I thought so too... wasn't really an essay? I wrote from my viewpoint.

rissa_101

I structured mine like an essay but the language i used wasnt typical essay language was more argumentative and fit for a debate. I was so concerned that it wasnt actually an essay i was sposed to be writing!!

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
i HATE writing non stop for two hours

thank goodness i wont have to do ti again

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
-Swifty- said:
i HATE writing non stop for two hours

thank goodness i wont have to do ti again
How about Histories? 3hours non-stop writing. I just can't wait...

daviesem

HSC
i cant believe weve finally finished! no more english!!!!!!!!
i pretty much stuffed the essays but still ill save the tears till i get my marks for now ill just be happy!

HSC
Yes I was so happy.

I was expecting to have to struggle through two weird essay/speech or FA or conversation questions after the very ordinary short story/essay combo in journeys.

Yayyy.......

I do agree that the marks people get this year may be a bit different from what they would have got last year. This year favours the analytical type writers while the imaginative writers get a kick in the groin.

But as Im not imaginative

Yayyy....... :cool:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Me too! 3 essays, and a science and maths girl too! Excellent! I didn't haev to think at all--just got straight into it. It was such a relief after attempting last year's paper last night--that was hard, but I'm glad it was relatively straightforward this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)