Estimate my ATAR??? Please (1 Viewer)

user08920

HSC
hey guys, pls estimate my atar. just a heads up i'm not one of those students who think they're getting in the 90s so don't bully my marks pls haha :)

school rank: 159
TRIALS:
subjects:
- english advanced: 86/100 [86%] Rank: 16/56
- maths advanced: 70/100 [70%] Rank: 7/18
- maths ext 1: 45/70 [64%] Rank: 12/14
- biology: 80/100 [80%] Rank: 8/32
- science ext: 38/50 [75%] Rank: 5/5
- music: 90/100 [90%] Rank: 3/9

HSC PREDICTION:
subjects:
- english advanced: 80/100
- maths advanced: 65/100
- maths ext 1: 52/70
- biology: 80/100
- science ext: 40/50
- music: 90/100

year10studentpreparin

HSC
hey guys, pls estimate my atar. just a heads up i'm not one of those students who think they're getting in the 90s so don't bully my marks pls haha :)

school rank: 159
TRIALS:
subjects:
- english advanced: 86/100 [86%] Rank: 16/56
- maths advanced: 70/100 [70%] Rank: 7/18
- maths ext 1: 45/70 [64%] Rank: 12/14
- biology: 80/100 [80%] Rank: 8/32
- science ext: 38/50 [75%] Rank: 5/5
- music: 90/100 [90%] Rank: 3/9

HSC PREDICTION:
subjects:
- english advanced: 80/100
- maths advanced: 65/100
- maths ext 1: 52/70
- biology: 80/100
- science ext: 40/50
- music: 90/100
around 90 i guess probs more
good job anyway id be happy with those marks!

user08920

HSC
around 90 i guess probs more
good job anyway id be happy with those marks!
90 seems way too high omg haha! the marks are ok, but ppl in my classes are getting like 100%. like in ext 1 maths about 3 people got 98, so i dont think my marks are worthy of getting me a 90 atar haha. i'm not that happy with my marks, wish i put a bit more effort in

year10studentpreparin

HSC
90 seems way too high omg haha! the marks are ok, but ppl in my classes are getting like 100%. like in ext 1 maths about 3 people got 98, so i dont think my marks are worthy of getting me a 90 atar haha. i'm not that happy with my marks, wish i put a bit more effort in
hmm i just saw ur school ranking, could be that ur internals are easier but I do know a lot of ext 2 people who get high in ext 1 but low 90s. its highly dependent on ur HSC, I reckon if u try really hard now u can band 6 biology thats what I would aim

user08920

HSC
hmm i just saw ur school ranking, could be that ur internals are easier but I do know a lot of ext 2 people who get high in ext 1 but low 90s. its highly dependent on ur HSC, I reckon if u try really hard now u can band 6 biology thats what I would aim
yeahh all the kids getting in the 90s in ext 1 are the ext 2 ppl that definitely have an advantage over adv/ext1 ppl. yeahhh you reckon if i aim for a band 6 in bio then that'd push my atar up?? even tho i'm pretty much failing maths :(

user08920

HSC
also, my school ranking is only bad bc we have a really large cohort and there is a large range between top kids and bottom. but all the top kids are really good, like they would most likely get high 80s-90s in their hsc exams. its the other 2/3 of the cohort that bring the school ranking down

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on this information, you seem to be on track with an ATAR up to 88.

Music 1 appears to be your best-performing subject and is likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Hopefully you did well in your HSC exam for this subject.

The same can be suggested about your performance in English Advanced, Mathematics Advanced and Biology, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent. This means that, while these subjects can also make a positive contribution to your ATAR, it may be possible for you to perform at a higher standard in your HSC exams, resulting in a more favourable contribution from these subjects. Hopefully you did well in your English Advanced and Mathematics Advanced HSC exams. You still have a few more days before your Biology HSC exam, so you should try to make the most of them.

On the other hand, Mathematics Extension 1 and Science Extension appear to be your lower-performing subjects. This indicates that there may be areas of improvement that you can focus on addressing as part of your preparations for your HSC exams. With your Mathematics Extension 1 HSC exam being tomorrow, hopefully you focused on maxmising your preparations for this subject. In terms of your Science Extension HSC exam, you still have a few more days to prepare, and you should therefore use your time wisely.

Best of luck to you and everyone else! I hope this helps! 😄

user08920

HSC

Music 1 appears to be your best-performing subject and is likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Hopefully you did well in your HSC exam for this subject.

The same can be suggested about your performance in English Advanced, Mathematics Advanced and Biology, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent. This means that, while these subjects can also make a positive contribution to your ATAR, it may be possible for you to perform at a higher standard in your HSC exams, resulting in a more favourable contribution from these subjects. Hopefully you did well in your English Advanced and Mathematics Advanced HSC exams. You still have a few more days before your Biology HSC exam, so you should try to make the most of them.

On the other hand, Mathematics Extension 1 and Science Extension appear to be your lower-performing subjects. This indicates that there may be areas of improvement that you can focus on addressing as part of your preparations for your HSC exams. With your Mathematics Extension 1 HSC exam being tomorrow, hopefully you focused on maxmising your preparations for this subject. In terms of your Science Extension HSC exam, you still have a few more days to prepare, and you should therefore use your time wisely.

Thank you! Say if I didn't do as well as I'd hoped in my HSC exams, what ATAR do you think I would get? Like how much lower than an 88?

user08920

HSC

like say I got like 63 in Maths Advanced, 48% in maths Ext 1 and like 80 or 75 in English?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you! Say if I didn't do as well as I'd hoped in my HSC exams, what ATAR do you think I would get? Like how much lower than an 88?
like say I got like 63 in Maths Advanced, 48% in maths Ext 1 and like 80 or 75 in English?
No worries! That would depend on the number of subjects where your HSC exam performance was unfavourable (including the unit value that each contributes) as well as the extent to which your performance was unfavourable. Considering your example, your ATAR may instead fall in the high 70's to low 80's range.

user08920

HSC
ok thank you! say if i flunked most of my exams so far, would a good mark in biology and science extension be able to push my atar up to a significant extent? i'm really hoping for above 80...

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
ok thank you! say if i flunked most of my exams so far, would a good mark in biology and science extension be able to push my atar up to a significant extent? i'm really hoping for above 80...
No worries! This is uncertain because in such a case, you would essentially have only 3 units worth of high-performing subjects, whereas the rest of your units would consist of lower-performing subjects, and would undermine the positive contribution of Biology and Science Extension to your ATAR. Ideally, you should aim to perform at the highest possible standard in all of your HSC exams to have the best chance of achieving your ATAR goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)