exam booklet (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
What happens if you don't write your student number and school number on every page of your working-out paper?

I didn't write all my student numbers/school number on every page. I only wrote them in front. Examiners told me that we only do it for security purposes..

Would I actually lose any extra mark due to that?

I only want serious comments/answers. In case of trolling, I shall take it extremely offensive and take it to moderators so please be serious in your posting.

danz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
What happens if you don't write your student number and school number on every page of your working-out paper?

I didn't write all my student numbers/school number on every page. I only wrote them in front. Examiners told me that we only do it for security purposes..

I only want serious comments/answers. In case of trolling, I shall take it extremely offensive and take it to moderators so please be serious in your posting.
nah u wouldnt lose marks or anything, don't worry.

they ask u to write numbers on every page so just in case the booklet rips apart or something weird (which is unlikely).
but i never write numbers on every page, just on the front.
except for yesterday arvo at economics when the old bag wouldn't let me go until i wrote numbers on EVERY page of 4 booklets lol

frontin

HSC
People do it just in case the page falls out or something.

If no pages fall out, just the front is fine. I wouldn't risk it though, so every page FTW.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
The main reason people do it is because if a page fell out somehow, then they can still mark it, while if you dont write your number theres nothing they can do.

The chances of a page falling out are pretty slim, so I wouldnt worry if I were you.

You wont lose marks.

How'd you find the exam btw?

miche11e

HSC
haha i didnt - if any papers fall out im a lil screwed, but im sure thet they'll figure out where it goes *shrug*

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
You wouldn't lose any marks at all for forgetting the student/school numbers at the top of the page, it is done so that if the pages somehow happen to be misplaced, fell or ripped apart from the booklet they were in, the markers would be able to mark the paper and attribute the marks to a student, instead of leaving it ignored.

I wouldn't worry too much about forgetting to write the student numbers on top of each page, I never did that for my maths HSC exams.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
The main reason people do it is because if a page fell out somehow, then they can still mark it, while if you dont write your number theres nothing they can do.

The chances of a page falling out are pretty slim, so I wouldnt worry if I were you.

You wont lose marks.

How'd you find the exam btw?
Thanks for all the comments so far.

I found the paper pretty good. I am hoping for 70+ but that's not very likely. To be safe, I am hoping for 65+ which is likely.

eddy11

HSC
agh, i had to spend 15 minutes at the end of the exam writing my numbers ont he topes of every page, tying up booklets, finding questions (i'd neglected to write question numbers for 3,4,5) and matching them up. i found the 2 unit set up really good, i wish they could have done a similar thing with personalised booklets.

poisonives

coolest member
HSC
lyounamu said:

why do you think u would lose marks lol

tau281290

HSC
You do it beceause those booklets might not be properly stapled, like the one I had for English, which had only 1 staple and its half falling apart.

tnosrac

HSC
frontin said:
People do it just in case the page falls out or something.

If no pages fall out, just the front is fine. I wouldn't risk it though, so every page FTW.

You know that you only need to number them to 1/2 way through the book, as if a page fell out, the number would still be on half the 2 page spread that fell out?

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
I wrote my number on every single page I wrote on in the four unit exam. I had 8 booklets of 8 pages each, the I didn't write on every page. But still, so many student numbers...In today's exam I was like f*** that, front page only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)